Pages

Monday 29 November 2021

Heart of Christmas Week 22

 

Welcome to Week 22 of The Art With Heart Heart Of Christmas blog hop. This week our host is Tina Gillespie and it will be our last Heart Of Christmas blog hop for 2021. I hope that you have enjoyed the creations we have shared with you each week and it has given you inspiration.

This week I have 2 simple cards to share with you, both of which feature the beautiful Whimsy and Wonder DSP which although is not the traditional christmas colours which I tend to favour, I have absolutely loved.


For my first card I have started with a piece of the DSP and chosen a couple of the colours in it to highlight. I have die cut a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock using one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies and then embossed it using one of the Meadow Moments embossing folders. 


For the ornament I have used Polished Pink cardstock for the base and then added the detail using Silver foil. The sentiment has been embossed using Silver and then die cut with one of the Ornate Frames dies. Finally a bow using Simply Elegant trim and a few Rhinestone jewels.  

For my second card I have used a different piece of DSP but still from the same pack. I have used the very pretty pale pink snowflake paper. 


To coordinate with the DSP I have embossed a piece of Shimmery White cardstock using one of the Wintry folders with snowflakes. For this card the background of the ornament has been die cut using Blushing Bride and the detail using Silver foil again.


As with my first card the sentiment has been embossed in silver and I have used the Simply Elegant trim for a bow and a few Rhinestone jewels.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Catherine Proctor. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her beautiful creation for tonight. If the button doesn't work then you can always go to Tina Gillespie's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.


 

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase some of their products from me then you can click on the Facebook tab at the top and send me a message and I'd be happy to help.

Have a wonderful week and Merry Christmas. I really hope you have enjoyed our weekly hops for the Heart of Christmas this year and found some inspiration.

Theresa

7 comments:

  1. I agree Theresa the Whimsy & Wonder DSP is gorgeous and so are your cards. They are so bright and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful cards Theresa and I love the silver die cut baubles, especially the first card against the Polished Pink base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great simple cards Theresa and the DSP is just fantastic isn't it. I love the embossed paned behind your ornament that adds such texture and dimension. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about these papers, T. I wasn't sure about the inclusion of pinks, but just love the designs! I especially like your second card; the silver detailed overlay of the bauble looks so elegant against Blushing Bride card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa, it's great that you've included these 2 cards in the same post as we can see how becuatidully both these pinks work with the silver - you've used this buble bundle beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both wonderful cards, Theresa. Love these papers too and you haver showcased the brighter tones and softer tones beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards, Theresa. This DSP has been one of my favourites this year and I love how both cards show the brighter colours and the more softer ones.

    ReplyDelete