Pages

Monday 8 November 2021

Heart Of Christmas Week 19

 

 

Welcome to Week 19 of The Art With Heart Heart Of Christmas blog hop. This week our host is Sharon Davern.

This week I thought it was well and truly time to ink up the Festive Foliage stamp. Festive Foliage is one big stamp and is actually in the Annual Catalogue and not the mini.


 I started by stamping the image in Versamark on Vellum and then embossing it with Gold embossing powder. I then started colouring the image using Stampin Blends in Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Old Olive. I'm not really sure what i had hoped to achieve but I then mounted the coloured Vellum on Shimmery White as it's not actually seen through the Vellum. Oh well. 

I then mounted the Shimmery White cardstock on some Cherry Cobbler cardstock but not before wrapping some of the Cherry Cobbler and Gold ribbon around the panel. The sentiment which has also been embossed in gold is from Holly Jolly Wishes and once stamped and embossed has been die cut using one of the Hippo and Friends dies. Finally a bow using the same ribbon and a few Gilded Gems. I have actually placed these in the corners to cover where I had adhered the vellum to the cardstock using glue. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is Kate Morgan. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her beautiful creation for tonight. If the button doesn't work then you can always go to Sharon Davern's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

 


As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase some of their products from me then you can click on the Facebook tab at the top and send me a message and I'd be happy to help.

Have a wonderful week.

Theresa

 

6 comments:

  1. Well, whatever you were hoping to achieve by colouring in the vellum, it's a gorgeous result, my friend! It ends up looking softer than if you'd stamped and coloured directly onto card. I did laugh at your wording, though! Great idea to strategically place the Gilded Gems. This is a really beautiful, elegant, Christmas card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Theresa! That gold embossing really looks amazing with the Cherry Cobbler and Gold ribbon and your colouring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card Theresa and lovely colouring on the embossed image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a divine Christmas card, Theresa. I loove the colouring and the gold embossing is gorgeous, as are the Gilded gems. That ribbon is so beautifully wrapped around and tied in a perfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous Theresa, I love the embossing and colouring it is beautiful! That ribbon is just so shimmering and fits the card perfectly! I think I missed that sentiment when I went through the catalogue it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautifully elegant Theresa. The Cherry Cobbler and gold ribbon is gorgeous and the perfect accent to your design.

    ReplyDelete