Pages

Monday 1 November 2021

Heart of Christmas Week 18

 

Welcome to Week 18 of The Art With Heart Heart Of Christmas blog hop. This week our host is Tina Gillespie.

I had to laugh last week when a couple of other team members commented on how hard it was to photograph the Metallic Specialty Paper. Well this week I found out for myself! 

I've always thought that Navy and Gold are very elegant for Christmas and thought it would work perfectly for the Bright Baubles bundle. I started by die cutting some Night of Navy cardstock for the backing of the bauble. I then die cut the intricate design using the Gold Specialty Paper. This was then mounted on apiece of Shimmery White cardstock that had been embossed using one of the Wintry 3D embossing folders which I might add was equally as hard to capture in the photograph.


 I then added a couple of "peeper" strips of the same Gold paper to the edges. 

The sentiment is from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set and it has been embossed with Gold embossing powder and then die cut using one of the Stitched Rectangle dies. Finally if there wasn't enough bling then a couple of Brushed Metallic Dots in Gold and a bow using the Gold Shimmer ribbon.

Next in tonight's blog hop is  Andrea Sargent. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her beautiful creation for tonight. If the button doesn't work then you can always go to Tina Gillespie's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

 



As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase some of their products from me then you can click on the Facebook tab at the top and send me a message and I'd be happy to help.

Have a wonderful week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. I really love this elegant colour combo (not one I'd thought of for Christmas, but it is BEAUTIFUL!) with the gorgeous bauble, T. The embossing of the Shimmery White panel is a really lovely touch, too. Such a nice card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Theresa, Night of Navy and the gold specialty paper look very regal and perfect for Christmas. Your bauble is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very regal and simply stunning, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohhhhh, what a gorgeous colour combo for Christmas, and the big, beautiful bauble was the perfect choice. I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely royal card, Theresa, I love the Navy and Gold! That big bauble looks great in the gold with the navy base on white background to really pop off the card. The bow is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gorgeous regal feel of this card the gold and the Night of Navy is just so beautiful together Theresa. It is just stunning, I keep looking at it and not commenting! I agree that metallic paper is so hard to photograph AAARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Theresa using this colour combo, the gold just sparkles against the Night of Navy. Love the description ‘peepers’!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, navy and gold - just gorgeous Theresa!

    ReplyDelete