Pages

Monday 25 October 2021

Heart of Christmas Week 17

 

Welcome to Week 17 of The Art With Heart Heart Of Christmas blog hop. This week our host is Sharon Davern.

It's funny how sometimes you picture in your mind how you are going lay a card out and then when you actually start to make it you realise that there is a more appealing way. Such is the case with this week's card. Initially I envisaged this card to rotated the other way to what has ended up being. That is, what I would say, standing on it's short side. As you can see it has ended up standing on it's long side instead.


  I've used the colours in the DSP as the focus of the cardstock colours to use. Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent and Cherry Cobbler. I've die cut the DSP and Soft Succulent cardstock using the Rectangle Stitched dies. I have then mounted these on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock that I have embossed using Painted Texture folder.


For the bunch of foliage I have used a combination of Sparkle of The Season and Christmas Trimmings. I have then added a bow using Cherry Cobbler and Gold Ribbon. The sentiment has been stamped in Evening Evergreen using the Painted Christmas Suite.  Finally a few Holiday Rhinestones for some glimmer.


Next in tonight's blog hop is Sharon Davern. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her beautiful creation for tonight. If the button doesn't work then you can always go to Sharon Davern's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

 

  

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase some of their products from me then you can click on the Facebook tab at the top and send me a message and I'd be happy to help.

Have a wonderful week.

Theresa

9 comments:

  1. I love this DSP so much, and you have used it beautifully, T! I really like all the Cherry Cobbler accents that highlight the berries in the paper. The orientation of the card looks great - good choice! Lovely card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, your embellishment so perfectly match this gorgeous DSP – I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this orientation Theresa and the spray of berries and foliage with the ribbon in the centre of your card. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love that collection of embellishments Theresa. It works beautifully with that gorgeous paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The DSP is a great choice for your fantastic card. I especially love the hanging foliage cluster at the top of the card - it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your foliage cluster is so sweet Theresa. I think that you chose well in terms of the orientation as it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Theresa. Sometimes I forget to make my cards in landscape, but this looks great having those long panels giving it length. Love the embellishments at the top too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this DSP and I love the foliage and ribbon at the top of the card. I think this orientation works so well. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely festive card Theresa. I love all the patterns in this DSP pack, I must get my pack out again to have a play. I think the landscape orientation for this design is perfect.

    ReplyDelete