Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Gray Granite Birthday

 


Welcome to week 21 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2021. This week's feature colour is Gray Granite which is from the Neutrals colour group. 

 

For this weeks card I revisited a layout I did some years ago but really liked. The focal point for the Gray granite is the piece of DSP from the Neutrals pack. I have then teamed it with Petal Pink and Soft Succulent along with some Metallics.

I have started by embossing a piece of Basic White cardstock using the Timeworn Type folder. I have then die cut some Petal Pink cardstock using one of the Basic Borders dies and adhered this behind the Gray Granite DSP. The word "happy"is from the Christmas Cheer dies and has been die cut in Petal Pink. The word "birthday"is from Artistically Inked and is stamped in Gray Granite masking the word happy using washi tape.


The Basic White circle has been die cut using one of the Layering Circles dies. I have then die cut some leaves using one of the  Forever Flourishing dies and using Petal Pink, Vellum and what I would call the "middle"of the Silver foil Specialty paper. Finally the cute little butterfly has also been die cut using the same Silver foil and using one of the dies from Nature's Thoughts.


Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Rachel Woollard. I look forward to seeing what lovely creation they share with us tonight. 


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then go to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants. 

Remember to come back again next week when our feature colour will be Highland Heather which is one of the Subtles colours.. 

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. What a great colour combination, Theresa. The Forever Flourishing dies look wonderful die cut in metallics, petal pink and the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see this feminine card using Gray Granite. Love the border die you've used for the extra touch of "pretty".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used so many different dies on your card; it always makes me laugh when I do this, thinking back to when I started this hobby and said "it'll save so much money to make, instead of buy, cards!"
    Great combination of sentiments, and sweet foliage and butterfly die cuts. Lovely card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I really love the arrangement of the leaves on your card. It's wonderful! The pretty borders frame the card so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Theresa. I must use those border dies more often, they look great. This is a great colour combo with Gray Granite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very soft and feminine colour choices, Theresa. The border dies create just that, a wonderful border leading to your focal die cut images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a different but lovely colour combo Theresa. I really like the addition of the silver foil and the Basic Border dies really add some interest to your central panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely is the Soft Succulent card base with the other colours and elements, Theresa. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete