Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Stampin' Up! Coastal Cabana

 

This week, week 14 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour is Coastal Cabana, is a member of the Brights colour group.


 For my card this week I decided that I needed to add to my general birthday card stash as when I was tidying up recently I found that most of my birthday cards were distinctly feminine.  With this in mind I decided to use the Charming Sentiments bundle and in particular some of the dies from the Sentiment Silhouettes dies. 


My starting point for my card was one of the reverse side pieces of paper from the Hues of Happiness paper pack which features numerous colours, one of which is Coastal Cabana. I have then chosen another piece of paper from the Perfectly Penciled paper pack and coloured the white sections using a blending brush and the Coastal Cabana ink pad. 

I then used the jagged die from the Basic Borders die set to cut this coloured paper. I then joined the 2 pieces of paper together and wrapped a piece of Black and White Gingham ribbon around the band. 

Using the Fabulous Frames dies I die cut a piece of Coastal Cabana and White cardstock. I have used the Coastal Cabana piece for the frame and the White for the centre. I thought that the plain white needed a lift so embossed it using the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder.

I have then die cut the candles from the Sentiments Silhouettes dies in Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo Fresh Freesia, and Daffodil Delight. I have also die cut the smaller stars and star frames from the same colours. 

For the flame on the candles I have used Gold Glimmer paper from the current mini catalogue. 

Both of the sentiments have been white embossed on Coastal Cabana cardstock. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Michele Taylor. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 


 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Crumb Cake, a member of the Neutrals Colour Group.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard3 August 2022 at 20:07

    I love you're bright, happy birthday card Theresa. The colour scheme could be for both boys and girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those multi-coloured candles and stars are such fun features of your card, T. The Coastal Cabana frame and sentiment pieces really ground the design, bringing all the colours together. Such a happy, festive card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous gender-neutral, age-neutral birthday card, Theresa – so good to always have a versatile, all-purpose card like this in your stash, especially when it is as happy and colourful as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! The colours are so bright and cheerful. The candles are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous birthday card Theresa, I love that frame I am going to have to get that. I keep looking at it. You are pushing me over the line I think! The detail of the frame was almost swirls of icing on the cake with the candles in it! Anyone who gets this will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun, happy card Theresa. I love your bright candles and stars and they are framed brilliantly with Coastal Cabana. Great left edging treatment too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bright and happy birthday card showcases Coastal Cabana perfectly Theresa. I love all the little details and texture and interest you have added to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and colourful card, Theresa. Those candles are fantastic with their glittery flames and the Coastal Cabana frame looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete