Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Stampin' Up! Early Espresso

 

This week, week 18 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Early Espresso, is a member of the Neutrals colour group and is a very dark brown colour. 


This week I have decided to go back to one of my most favourite Stampin' Up! bundles, Natures Harvest as I thought it was a perfect way to feature Early Espresso. I have however teamed it with a great sentiment stamp set, Very Best Occasions. 


To start this card I stamped the Gerbera image using Memento Black and then coloured it using Petal Pink and Soft Succulent Stampin Blends. I then die cut this using the corresponding die. I have then mounted this using Dimensionals on a piece of Basic White cardstock and then onto a Piece of Early Espresso cardstock. Both of these have been die cut using the Deckled Rectangles dies. 

I have then mounted this on a piece of the Abigail Rose paper that I have stamped off the "splatter"stamp from Quiet Meadow using Early Espresso. I have also sponged around the edges of this paper using the same inkpad. I have then embossed this piece of paper using the Timeworn Type embossing folder to give it some texture. You can see a close up here of that. 

 

I have then mounted all of this onto a piece of Early Espresso cardstock and then onto Basic White. 

The sentiment is from Very Best Occasions and has been stamped in Early Espresso and die cut using one of the Stylish Shapes dies. I have wound some Linen Thread around the body of then card under the sentiment. Finally I have added some of the beautiful Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots. 


Next in tonight's blog hop is the talented    Dianne Furniss   I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 



If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Evening Evergreen, a member of the In Colour Group.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa


8 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, T. The striped Petal Pink paper really softens the beautiful rich Early Espresso elements; perfect for the theme of your card. The way you've coloured the flowers is lovely, I adore the Deckled Rectangles, and the splattering and embossing of the DSP panel is a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa I love the splattering on your background and the use of the deckled rectangles and where the flowers peek past the edge of the smaller rectangle. Lovely pairing of Petal Pink with Early Espresso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful card Theresa. I love your choice of focal image and the colours you have used. Your layers and the embossed DSP are all beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature's Harvest is definitely the perfect stamp set to feature Early Espresso, Theresa. I love your layering and the use of the "splatter"stamp from Quiet Meadow! This has such a delightful country feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Theresa. I love the striped pink paper with Early Espresso, and the splatters were a great choice to enhance the vintage look of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Theresa! The Nature’s Harvest bundle is also one of my favourites, and particularly this flower image.
    I love the way you have pulled this together, and especially the use of the striped pink paper, in contrast but with a lovely softening effect.
    Kathryn R xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of layers, patterns and textures, Theresa. Your softly coloured flowers are beautiful against the darker layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combo of colours Theresa. I love the splatters stamped on the striped DSP.

    ReplyDelete