Pages

Monday 15 August 2022

Heart of Christmas Week 7

 

Welcome to Week 7 of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. 

Being a bit time poor this week I have let one of the beautiful papers from the Boughs Of Holly pack bee the main feature of my card. With such beautiful paper it's not hard to create cards with.


 I have chosen 2 of the papers although it is hard to see the second one under the greeting but I can tell you that the piece is a mixture of mottled reds and greens. For my staring point I embossed the paper using one of the Wintry 3D embossing folders. By doing this is seems to have added a bit more texture to the poinsettias as well. The sentiment panel has been cut from Basic White and I have combined 2 of the sentiments and stamped in Real Red. This has then been mounted on the mottled paper which has also been edged with Real Red Glimmer paper. I have also die cut a couple of holly leaves from the Leaves of Holly bundle using Old Olive and Shaded Spruce. The berries have been die cut using Real Red cardstock and the highlights using Real Red Glimmer paper. I have then added Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the stamen ends. As the paper is just so beautiful I thought I'd also decorate the envelope to match.


Next on tonight's blog hop is the talented  Rosa Leyden. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation. 


 If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern's blog.

If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

11 comments:

  1. It is really beautiful paper, and I love the added texture you've given it, T. The glimmery details on the berries look lovely. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Theresa, you have really done this gorgeous DSP justice. I really love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The main DSP that you've used is so beautiful, and I love the die cut holly to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Theresa, you’ve used these papers beautifully. The darker dsp behind the greeting panel makes it really stand out

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Christmas card Theresa. Love the way you have embossed the beautiful DSP and your treatment of the label adds a special touch. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I love how you have embossed this DSP Theresa, a great idea. Snap on using the lovely Poinsettia DSP! And I love the solid panel together with the red glimmer paper. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa, that Designer Series Paper is glorious, and I love how you have given it space to be itself and shine as the main feature of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Theresa, this DSP is so gorgeous and I love poinsettias Snap on the greeting label. We must have looked at the same set and wondered how we could use it today! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Theresa. I love the added texture and the touches of red glimmer paper are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those patterned papers look great and then you've dry embossed them to make them stunning, Theresa. This is a fantastic card and wouldn't know you were time poor this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Theresa, your card is just gorgeous! That is my favourite DSP pattern! I love it when a pattern can create such a fabulous card in its own right and needs just a few die cuts and sentiment added - especially when your time is limited. Your matching envelope is just as beautiful! Caroline.

    ReplyDelete