Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry

 

This week, week 16 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Crushed Curry, is a member of the Regals colour group. Crushed Curry is quite a polarizing colour and whilst other members of this blog hop were glad to be done with this colour, I personally don't mind it. It's not a colour I use a lot but when I do, I like it.


When planning my card for this week I always had in mind that I wanted to team Crushed Curry with Black and White and maybe a pop of another colour. I was also wanting to use some of the gorgeous Gingham Cottage paper from the current mini. I was also planning to make another card that wasn't floral. 


Fortunately the Gingham Cottage paper has both Crushed Curry and Black and White papers so they were my starting point for the card. I die cut both of these pieces using the Deckled Rectangle dies and mounted them on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock that had been randomly stamped using one of the stamps from Framed Occasions, in Crushed Curry. This was then mounted on a piece of Black cardstock giving a narrow frame so as to not be too overpowering. 

The sentiment is also from Framed Occasions and has been stamped with Versamark on Black cardstock and then embossed in White. I have also used the circular frame stamp from the same stamp set, in the same manner. This has then been die cut using one of the Beautiful Shapes dies and then mounted on a piece of Vellum that has also been die cut using largest circular die that has embossing on it as well but it is a bit hard to see in the photo. 


For the pop of colour I decided to use the balloon stamp from the Celebrate With Tags bundle from the current mini. I did this in Calypso Coral. I love how the stamp has a matching die so there's no fussy cutting! Finally as you can see in the photo above I have added a bow using both White and Black Bakers Twine to emulate holding the bunch of balloons together. I have also added a couple of Classic Matte Dots in Black.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Rosa Leyden. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 

 

If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Daffodil Delight, a member of the Regals Colour Group.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous gender neutral and age neutral card, Theresa. Your calypso coral balloons look wonderful against the checked background of Crushed Curry, black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the gingham papers, T; the two colours look fantastic together. You make Crushed Curry look good, effortlessly (something I can't lay claim to!). I love that balloon stamp and die ... great for "non-floral" birthday cards, aren't they? The double twine bow, and the stamped Crushed Curry panel, are great details on your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Theresa. I love all your layers, including the CC and B&W ginghams. The pop of extra colour with the balloons and the double twine bow is delightful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Theresa and I especially love how you have used both the large and small checked gingham DSP. The pop of colour for the balloons is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic use of those gingham design papers, Theresa. I'm finding it hard to use those bold designs, but this is great, die cutting them with the Deckled Rectangles. I really love this design and may just need to case it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, and great colour scheme Theresa! I love your pop of Calypso Coral - bucking the trend! Great choice with the DSP and the deckled edge dies - reminds me of the old picnic clothes that had been edged with the pinking shears!
    It won’t let me select my name or email address, so I’m typing it in LOL
    Kathryn R xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gingham papers layered really set off the card, and the big bold sentiment is eye catching. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa the use of the two different gingham patterns is a great idea. The black and white certainly is a great choice with CC and I love the surprising pop of colour in the balloons.

    ReplyDelete