Pages

Monday 1 August 2022

Heart of Christmas Week 5

 

 

Welcome to Week 5 of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern.

After admiring a card I saw recently on the Demonstrator Planning Place Facebook group created by Tammy Wilson, I loved it so much that I had to CASE it. Unfortunately for some reason I am unable to post the link to her blog here but here is my version.

 


The thing that appealed to me was the colour combination and it's use for trees. The colours that I have used are Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, and Pacific Point. I started with a piece of white cardstock and Blending Brushes. I started with Parakeet Party on the top of the card, then added Tahitian Tide and finally Pacific Point at the bottom. In each case I made sure to blend the colours in between as well. Giving a lovely gradient of colours from the top to the bottom. 

I then applied some Adhesive Sheets to the back of the coloured card and die cut a combination of solid trees and outlines from the Tree Lot Dies. I also did the same with a piece of White Glimmer paper. I then mixed and matched the 2 options. The stars on top of the trees are also from the Tree Lot dies and have also been die cut using White Glimmer Paper.

For the base of the card I have used Basic White cardstock and the Whimsical Woodlands 3D embossing folder. Before embossing the white cardstock I very gently rubbed the Tahitian Tide ink pad over the embossing folder to give a very faint colour to the cardstock. 

 



The sentiment is from Christmas to Remember and has been stamped in Tahitian Tide and then die cut using one of the dies from Labels Aglow. I have used both Parakeet Party and Tahitian Tide Bakers Twine. Finally a couple of Opal Rounds have been added. 

 Next on tonight's blog hop is the talented Andrea Sargent. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation.


 If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern's blog.

If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful! Your blended trees look amazing, and I love that you've mixed and matched it with the glimmer paper. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard1 August 2022 at 20:42

    Fantastic colour combination Theresa, great idea to swap the tree base colour and the highlights from the front to the back trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's a beautiful colour combination for trees, isn't it? I love how you paired/mixed and matched the coloured and white glimmer trees, T - so pretty. The glimmery stars and matching twine are lovely finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine Proctor1 August 2022 at 22:05

    Fantastic colour combination Theresa! I love your glimmery trees and your double bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful Christmas card Theresa. Your colour combo with the blended trees are gorgeous. Love the way you have swapped tree pieces. Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love these trees Theresa and your blended colour combination is beautiful with the glimmer paper! Love the embossed background too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Theresa. I love Tammy's work but hadn't seen this one. Your choice of colours is beautiful and works so well with that lovely glimmer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so pretty, Teresa. I can see why it appealed to you, those colours are gorgeous and your blending is perfection. Naturally I love the sparkle too. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree’s are simply gorgeous Theresa! The white glimmer overlay on each of them is so pretty. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete