Pages

Monday 16 August 2021

Happy Polished Pink Christmas

 

Welcome to Week 7 of the Art With Heart, Heart Of Christmas blog hop. This week our host is Sharon Davern.

This week I have a lovely bright Christmas card to share with you featuring one of the new In Colours Polished Pink.


After recently seeing some cards that my lovely upline, Christine Blain created it encouraged me to purchase the lovely Word Of Cheer bundle.

My starting point for this card was the lovely DSP from the Whimsy and Wonder pack. It features Mossy Meadow and Polished Pink, so I used those colours in Stampin Blends to colour the lovelyspray of flowers and leaves. I've then die cut this using the coordinateing die and mounted it on a piece of Shimmer paper that has been cut using one of the Ornate frames dies. I've also added a couple of sprigs cut from the Be Dazzling freebie paper that you can earn during Saleabration. 

 

The sentiment is also from the Words of Cheer stamp set and has been stamped in Mossy Meadow and then die cut using one of the shapes in the Many Messages die. It turned out to be the perfect fit for the sentiment. Oh did I mention the the background DSP has been embossed using the Tasteful Textile folder just to, I think soften the paper somewhat.

All in all it's quite a bright card with the use of Polished Pink which is a very bright pink but I do actually have someone in mid for this, one of my lovely nieces who adores pink and bright pink in particular. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is Rosa LeydenClick on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her beautiful creation for tonight. If the button doesn't work then you can always go to Sharon Davern's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.    

 

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase some of their products from me then you can click on the Facebook tab at the top and send me a message and I'd be happy to help.

Have a wonderful week.

Theresa

10 comments:

  1. Love this Theresa! Polished Pink looks great for these flowers. Yes it's bright, but it's beautifully balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an unlikely colour combination, that just works so well! I love those bright pink poinsettias, and how well the Mossy Meadow leaves complement them. The die-cut image sits beautifully on the Ornate Layers frame, T - great idea. Isn't the Messages Die awesome for cropping sentiments? It's a favourite of mine. So glad I helped you decide to buy this bundle. :) Love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Theresa, your colour combo is beautiful and the added bit of sparkle lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you purchased this bundle, Theresa! Love your unusual colour combination - that pink really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Theresa and lovely colouring on the pink. I love it that it’s not traditional colours and goes nicely with the Whimsy & Wonder DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card and I love the Polished pink and with the mossy meadow it is fantastic! The ornate layer frame is so good too! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is such a pretty card, Theresa. I love those pink flowers with the dark background and the white ornate frame. Just loving the use of pink this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The polished pink really pops and is a wow with the mossy meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour combo Theresa. Love the pops of bling too. A beautiful modern Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card Theresa. Love your choice of Polished Pink, it’s one of my favourite pinks!

    ReplyDelete