Pages

Monday 30 August 2021

Christmas Friends

 

Welcome to Week 9 of The Art With Heart Heart Of Christmas blog hop. This week our host is  Sharon Davern.

For some weeks now I have had lying on my desk a piece of white cardstock embossed with the Ornate Floral Embossing folder and sponged with Evening Evergreen and a piece of Painted Christmas DSP. I had planned to use them some weeks ago but as is usually the case once I started the plan changed so they have sat unused on my desk until today! I was determined to use them for this week's card.


This week's card contains many of the elements from the Painted Christmas suite of products, one which I said some weeks ago would feature in many of this years cards. So as explained my starting point was the embossed white card and DSP. I have then added a die cut piece of the Soft Succulent Shimmer Vellum. The photo above makes it hard to see the shimmer but the one below might be better.

 

I have then added some stamped and die cut leaves and sprigs of berried that are quite similar to those in the background DSP. I have also added some of the Cherry Cobbler and Gold ribbon which is also part of the same suite of products. Then the sentiment has been stamped in Real Red and then die cut with one of the corresponding dies from the suite. Finally a couple of Gold Metallic Pearls.

As the base of the card is Evening Evergreen it needs to have lighter panel inside to write in, so I've done that in White and then added another leaf and sprig combo.


 

Next in tonight's blog hop is  Michele Taylor. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her beautiful creation for tonight. If the button doesn't work then you can always go to Sharon Davern's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.


 

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase some of their products from me then you can click on the Facebook tab at the top and send me a message and I'd be happy to help.

Have a wonderful week.

Theresa

11 comments:

  1. Well done, on getting that project finished, my dear! That DSP is so beautiful, and I love all the co-ordinating "bits" you've added. Isn't the shimmer vellum gorgeous? It looks lovely cut with the die you've used. The bow is so sweet, too. Beautifully put-together card, T. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossing folder looks great on a christmas card, well done on using up your random products, I need to do a bit more of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how satisfying is it when you are able to finally use bits and pieces floating around on your desk? Your card is wonderful, and I love the addition of the shimmery vellum. A very Christmassy touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous traditional Christmas card Theresa - I love this DSP and this colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Painted Christmas DSP is really pretty Theresa and I love the shimmer vellum behind the greeting. Your magnificently tied bow finishes your card beautifully along with the green sprigs and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Theresa and all those elements really turned into a gorgeous card and I love the shimmer vellum behind the sentiment. I am really loving that shimmer vellum. The embossed ornate floral card although it had been sitting around for a while is perfect for this card. I love this embossing folder. I really love how this card came together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I just love that subtle sparkle on the vellum Theresa. Gorgeous, festive colours on your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shimmer vellum really stands out, it's gorgeous behind your sentiment. I love that patterned paper which is so festive but most of all I like the gold pearls to tie in the gold from the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when the bits and pieces lying around our craft table come together to make a card. Your card is beautiful Theresa. This DSP is one of my favourites and I love all your layers. They really work well together, and with the paper and embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card with so many hidden details. The shimmer vellum is the perfect accompaniment to this card. You've made a really lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card, Theresa. The DSP looks lovely with the white embossed border and the shimmer label looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete