Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2022

Stampin' Up! Poppy Parade

 

Welcome to week 37 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2022. This week's feature colour is Poppy Parade, which is a member of the Brights colour group.


This year I am determined to create more cards for males as I usually have a tendency to make cards for females. This week I have tried to create a card that is suitable for a male but now that I have another look, it would also be suitable for a female car lover. I have finally inked up one of the stamp sets that you can earn during Salebration, Driving By, and I do think it is rather cute.


I started by using 2 different pieces of the All Together Designer Series Paper that is available from now until 2nd May. I have embossed these using the Gingham embossing folder. I have then wrapped some of the Poppy Parade and White Fan Bakers Twine around the belly of the card a few times. I have then die cut a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock using one of the Hippo and Friends dies and then embossed it using one of the Stripes and Splatters 3D folders. The photo below shows the details of the embossing a bit better.


 Next I have stamped the sporty car image from Driving By in black and then coloured it with Poppy Parade and Smokey Slate Stampin Blends. Aren't all sports cars red? Lol!

For the stamped balloons I have used Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Misty Moonlight Stampin' Blends and I have also die cut some balloons in the same colour cardstock. 

The sentiment is from Many Messages and has been stamped in Versamark and embossed in white. Finally some white Bakers Twine for the balloon ties and a few Classic Matte Dots in Black, Grey and White.

As I said earlier although I created this card with a male in mind I think it is equally suitable for a car-loving female.

Next in tonight's blog hop the  lovely Sharon Davern. I look forward to seeing what beautiful creation she has to share with us tonight.


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when our feature colour will be Pumpkin Pie which will definitely be a challenge as it is probably one of my least used colours.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

6 comments:

  1. Such a great card Theresa and I agree, perfect for both male and female and for young and old. The the All Together Designer Series Paper is just perfect for this card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! The black and white background DSPs are a great backdrop for the bright elements. Love the Poppy Parade and white twine, and yes, red cars do go faster! Great card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa I agree sports cars should be red! Love your red car with the Smoky Slate shadow and pop of colour of the balloons. Embossing the DSP with the Gingham EF looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Theresa, the layering give the card so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this card Theresa, I can just imagine myself driving along with my hair flying and blowing in the wind behind me driving in this gorgeous Poppy Parade car. Red cars always go faster! The embossing on the DSP looks fantastic too! What a wonderful birthday card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for any car lover - so fun and colourful and the textures are amazing in each of your layers. Yes, sports cards are always red, hehe!

    ReplyDelete