Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz

Welcome to week 34 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2022. This week's feature colour is Pear Pizzazz which is one of my favourite greens that Stampin' Up! has and is from the Subtle colour group . 


 For my card today I have chosen to combine Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral and little bit of Crumb Cake. I have also inked up one of the stamp sets from the new Mini catalogue, Ranunculus Romance which also has a matching die set. It wasn't until I sat down to write this blog at my desk that I saw that this card is very very similar to one that I made for Old Olive.  Oops oh well obviously it is a layout that I like. Haha.

 

 

Strangely enough Stampin' Up! don't have Stampin Blends in Pear Pizzazz so in this case I had to use Write Markers instead for the central Ranunculus flower . I did this by colouring directly onto the stamp with the Write Markers and then stamped the image. For the sprigs underneath, I thought that Calypso Coral was too strong so I have actually used Blending Brushes very lightly on Basic White cardstock and then die cut the sprig. 

For the diagonal panel I have also used Blending Brushes very lightly on Basic White cardstock. I have then stamped off  the script image from the same stamp set using Crumb Cake. This has then been die cut using one of the Scalloped Contour dies and then embossed using the Timeworn Type folder. 


This panel has then been mounted on a piece of the Artfully Composed DSP which has also been die cut using the largest Scalloped Contour die. This has then all been mounted on Thick Whisper White cardstock. 

The sentiment is also from the Ranunculus Romance stamp set and has been stamped in Calypso Coral and die cut with one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies. Finally a bow using 3 strands of Linen Thread and few fluttering Brushed Brass Butterflies.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the talented Rachel Woollard. I look forward to seeing what lovely creation she has share with us tonight.


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when our feature colour will be Petal Pink, and I promise to use a different layout! Lol!

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

7 comments:

  1. Theresa you have created such a beautiful feminine card with this stamp set and great colour combination including Pear Pizzazz. I love the softly blended Calypso Coral floral die cut which softens the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-so-pretty, T! I love everything about the focal piece - all the gorgeous details that bring all the elements together. I particularly like the Crumb Cake stamping on the smaller of the rectangles, that you then embossed ... and the linen thread bow is delightful! Funny that you realised your layout is similar to your Old Olive creation. I realised I used Pear Pizzazz paper on my Old Olive card. LOL. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so soft and feminine Theresa – your card and your colouring is really tempting me to buy this bundle. I especially love the softer blended Calypso Coral that adds another dimension to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How soft and pretty, Theresa. A lovely combination of colours and textures, and I love the offset look of the focal panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, well it is a great layout, Theresa, hence why you've gone back to it again. The sprigs in a softer tone of Calypso Coral is a lovely touch to your pretty Ranunculus. I love the Crumb Cake stamping in the background and the dry embossing adds loads more detail to take in, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Theresa. I love the texture you have created, and the pinks look great with Pear Pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled to myself when I read that you realised that your card was similar to one you had already made Theresa. I unashamedly use a variation of the same design/s all the time. When a card design is this lovely and works so well, why wouldn't you use it more than once?

    ReplyDelete