Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2022

Stampin' Up! Pacific Point

 

Welcome to week 33 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2022. This week's feature colour is Pacific Point which is quite a bold bright blue colour and one that I really don't use very much. 

 

 

Looking for inspiration I resorted to Pinterest where I found the colour combination that I have used for this card. Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party.


To start this card I used strips of cardstock of each of the colours and die cut them using the jagged die from the Basic Borders dies and then glued each on top of the other in colour order and repeated this 3 times. I then embossed this piece using one of the new folders from the Stripes and Splatters 3D Embossing Folders in the new mini catalogue. You can see some of the detail of the embossing closer in the photo below. I then mounted this on Pacific Point cardstock and finally on Night of Navy. I have then added some of the new Denim ribbon along with some Basic White Bakers Twine.


The sentiment is from Happiest of Birthdays and is actually a bleated birthday sentiment but instead of inking up the whole stamp I used a Pacific Point marker and only coloured the words I wanted to stamp. I have then die cut the sentiment using one of the Hippo and Friends dies.

I have die cut the star spray and the swirl using a couple of dies from the Stitched Stars dies and used the Bermuda Bay part of the Rainbow Glimmer Paper. Finally I have coloured a few of the Classic Matte Dots using a Bermuda Bay Stampin Blend.

 Next in tonight's blog hop is the Art With Heart Team Leader Claire Daly. I look forward to seeing what lovely creation she has share with us tonight.


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Theresa, the Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party really make the Pacific Point pop! I love the way you've used the border dies to create that wonderful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely colour palette, Theresa, reminds me of the ocean, the way you have die cut each of the layers with those border dies. The embossing then adds extra subtle texture and those star die cuts are perfect in the rainbow glimmer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colour combo there Theresa. Just love the bold graphic look of this card! Great for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the colours, and all the die-cut and embossed details. Great card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design and colour combo Theresa. The big birthday sentiment is the perfect size. I must remember this stamp set when I next need a large ‘happy birthday’.

    ReplyDelete