Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Stampin' Up! Petal Pink

 

Welcome to week 35 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2022. This week's feature colour is Petal Pink, which to me is more like a soft apricot colour.


As this weeks Showcase is the week before Valentine's Day I decided to have a play with some of the new Valentine's Day products in the current mini. Being the thoughtful mother (haha) I also decided to create a card that my son could give his girlfriend. Knowing him well enough I also knew that there could be no mention of the word "love"on it!


All along I had had this vision of the hearts bursting out of the envelope so that became my starting point. The Sweet Heart dies has a cute little envelope along with lots of different heart dies. Fortunately one of those dies also cuts the smaller hearts on one of the Sweet Treats DSPs. 

The base of the card has been scored using the Simply Scored plate and tool. It's a bit hard to see in the photo above but a bit clearer on the next one. I have then embossed another piece of the Sweet Treats DSP using one of the Dotty Hearts folders and placed the paper on the same angle. 


I have then added some smaller hearts around the envelope, some small red ones to the envelope and also a Petal Pink open heart die. The sentiment is from the corresponding stamp set and is called Sweet Conversations. This has been die cut using one of the Beautiful Trees dies. Finally a couple of Polished Dots.

As the inside of the card is a vast piece of white card I decided to embellish it with some open hearts, choosing some of the colours from the Sweet Treats DSP. I have also stamped a lovely sentiment on the inside which has no mention of "Love you". Haha.



Next in tonight's blog hop is the talented Rosa Leyden. I look forward to seeing what lovely creation she has share with us tonight.


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when our feature colour will be Pool Party.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful young person's Valentine card, I love the way the hearts look like they're bursting out of the box

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great mum you are Theresa and I love the fresh, modern take on Valentines day that this card has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Young love!!! Great card Theresa. I love the way you embossed the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, playful, card (I reckon J will love it!). I hope Dan appreciates all the effort you put into it, and into not incorporating the dreaded L word, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute (I did lol at the no 'love' word). I bet it will be extra special when she knows you made it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Theresa and love the hearts with cute messages bursting from the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful mum you are, Dan will appreciate this card, even without the L word, LOL. The hearts popping out of the cute little envelope is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa, this is such a fun card. I love the hearts popping out from the envelope. I also had a little giggle about the no L word request, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete