Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2022

Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie

 

Welcome to week 38 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2022. This week's feature colour is Pumpkin Pie, which is a member of the Regals colour group and probably one of my least used colours. 


 This week I have decided to finally open up a couple of the goodies from the Heart and Home Suite of products. In particular the Honeybee Home bundle and the Hive 3D embossing folder. I have teamed Pumpkin Pie with Old Olive and Daffodil Delight. 


For my starting point I stamped a few of the floral spray images and then colour them using Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I have also stamped one of the bee images and coloured that using the Daffodil Delight blends. I have then die cut these images as well as a couple of the grassy leaf images from Old Olive cardstock. I have then mounted them on a piece of Basic White cardstock that I have firstly cut using one of the Layering Circle dies. I have then opened the Hive 3D embossing fold and using a Blending Brush applied Pumpkin Pie colour to the folder before embossing the circle. I chose to use Blending Brushes as I could then determine how much colour I wanted to add rather than directly applying the ink pad to the folder as it was far to bold. 

 

Apologies for the blurred flowers but I was trying to focus on the embossing instead. I have then mounted this arrangement on a piece of the Heart and Home DSP and then mounted this on a piece of reverse side of the Flowering Fields DSP. The sentiment is also from the Honeybee Home stamp set and has been punched using the Label Me Fancy punch. Finally I have added a bow using the Gold Fine Art ribbon and added a couple of Gilded Gems and a cute little Bumblebee Trinket. 


Next in tonight's blog hop the  lovely Caroline Manwaring. I look forward to seeing what beautiful creation she has to share with us tonight.


 f the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when our feature colour will be Real Red.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely, T! I, too, seldom use Pumpkin Pie ... but how beautiful is it? The floral spray is gorgeous (those flowers look so nice in orange), and I love the "grassy" leaves. Clever ink application to the Hive 3D embossing folder; what a nice effect. Beautiful card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hollyhocks (is that what these flowers are?) look such pretty coloured in Pumpkin Pie on this stunning card, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, this is a very pretty card. The scalloped circle is a great grounding element for your flowers, and I love the gold ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you embossed the scalloped circle and coloured it with the inks, it adds a wonderful texture. The flowers are beautifully coloured in the lighter shade. Great card, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed circle, so delicately coloured is terrific Theresa. Perfect background to your bunch of flowers. I played with Andrea's Honeybee Home stamp set when I was in South Australia, and now one is on its way to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your floral spray Theresa just beautiful. The honeycomb embossed circle adds a lovely texture behind the flowers. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete