Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Stampin' Up! Real Red

 

Welcome to week 39 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2022. This week's feature colour is Real Red, which is another member of the Regals colour group. Real Red is a colour that I more often than not use for Christmas so it was quite a challenge for me to use it for a "non-christmas"card.


This week I have decided to have some more fun using the Blending Brushes and the Butterflies and Flowers Layering Decorative masks, and I must say after using one of them for Real Red, that brush is now ONLY for Real Red!


 For my first card I started by Brushing one of the flower mask using Flirty Flamingo. I then used the corresponding mask with Real Red. Then using lots of Post It Notes I then brushed some of the leaves using Pear Pizzazz. I have then stamped the Mother's Day greeting from Timeless Tulips in Flirty Flamingo. I don't usually like to stamp directly onto the main panel just in case something goes wrong but in this case it seemed the best option. Finally I have used some of the Real Red Stitched Grosgrain ribbon for a bow and added a couple of Brushed Butterflies as well as some Red Rhinestones to the flower centres. 

For my second card I have CASED one of Su Mohr's cards using the Butterfly and one of the flower masks. 


To achieve this effect I have placed one mask on top of the other and then once again used the Blending Brushes. This time I have started at the outside of the butterfly wings using Real Red. Then I have progressed inwards using Pumpkin Pie and then finally used Mango melody in the centre. I really love how the colours blended together. The sentiment is from Celebrating You and has been embossed in white on black cardstock and then die cut using one of the Ornate Frames dies. This has then all been mounted on a piece of DSP from the All Together paper and finally on some thick Basic White cardstock. I have also added a few Iridescent Rhinestones for some bling.

Next in tonight's blog hop the  lovely Tina Gillespie. I look forward to seeing what beautiful creation she has to share with us tonight.


 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when our feature colour will be Rich Razzleberry another bold colour.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 


5 comments:

  1. Theresa both your cards perfectly showcase the versatility of these masks - they are both wonderful. I particularly like the first, rose card - it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try inking up and blending with these masks, your cards are both stunning Theresa. I also think the flower is pretty special. I'd have probably never tried Flirty Flamingo and real red together but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty results with the masks, and blending brushes, my friend. I especially like the look of the flowers ... but the colour combo on the butterfly is striking. Lovely ways to show off Real Red. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great cards, Theresa. Those roses are beautiful and Real Red coordinates so well with Flirty Flamingo. The butterfly is striking in those tones too and love the layer of black DSP from the All Together pack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the combination of Real Red and Flirty Flamingo on your first card Theresa - it’s so pretty. The butterfly card looks gorgeous in those colours and I love the flower pattern on the wings. Two great cards!

    ReplyDelete