Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Garden Green Hello

 

Welcome to week 18 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2021. This week's feature colour is Garden Green which is from the Regals colour group. Garden Green is quite a bold green colour and not my favourite of the Stampin' Up! greens.


For me it was a natural idea to finally ink up the Plentiful Plants stamp set and coordinating dies for this week's creation showcase blog hop. Now that I finally have I am wondering why I hadn't done it sooner! It's such a fun bundle to play with and has so many options.

 

I started with a piece of Garden Green cardstock and stamped the edges with with a couple of the stamps using Garden Green. I then embossed this cardstock using the Bark embossing folder. The photo below gives you a better view of it.

 

 

It's actually still a bit hard to see it there too but it adds some depth to the base if you understand what I mean. 

Next I've added a piece of the "brickwork"DSP from the coordinating pack. Then finally I've had some fun putting together the hanging basket using both Garden green and Pear Pizzazz. This is the fun part and allows for so many different options. The pot itself has been stamped in Cinnamon Cider and the hanger for the pot has been die cut in Smokey Slate. 

The sentiment is from the Many Messages bundle and has been die cut using the coordinating die. Another first for me was using this bundle and I really love all the different sentiments.

Finally I've added a small butterfly cut from the Silver foil Specialty paper in the current mini using a die from Nature's Thoughts. Lastly a couple of the Silver Epoxy Essentials and an Elegant Faceted Gem.



Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Caroline Manwaring. I look forward to seeing what lovely creation they share with us tonight. 


 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then go to Catherine Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants. 

Remember to come back again next week when our feature colour will be Gorgeous Grape one of the Bright colours.. 

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. The two bundles you have used are clear favourites of mine; glad you are seeing how much fun (and how versatile) they are, my friend! I love what you've done with Plentiful Plants. The background stamping, and embossing of that panel, gives a great effect, and draws the eye in to the greens in your stamped images on the main panel. The silver accents are a sweet touch. Beautiful card, T! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Theresa, that bow is adorable as is the rest of your card. Love this stamp set and now that you've opened it i'm sure we will be seeing plenty more cards from you using this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely card, Theresa, with the mix of all those layers. I got this bundle for my birthday and I haven't opened it yet, but now you have me wanting to get it out and get stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Theresa, I don't have this set but your card is pushing me closer to purchasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamping on the Garden Green layer really brings the card to life, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Theresa. I love the stamping on the Garden Green layer, it gives great depth. I seem to have trouble whenever I try this technique though. More practice needed me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Theresa and love these colours and use of different green inks for the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a green you don't like, you've done an amazing job creating with it! This was the perfect choice of bundle to stop with, and you've rocked it!

    ReplyDelete