Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2023

Stampin' Up! Blueberry Bushel

 

This week, is week 14 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Blueberry Bushel, a member of the Regals family and is actually a returning In Colour from some years ago. 


This week I decided I needed to break away from the feminine cards that I have been making of late and as luck would have it a good friend of ours is celebrating a "significant" birthday this coming weekend. Thankfully he is rarely on any form of social media so is unlikely to see this. As he is an avid fisherman it was only natural to create using the Gone Fishing bundle. I have teamed Blueberry Bushel with Boho Blue and a touch of Calypso Coral and Pebbled Path.



I started with what I would call the reverse side of the Let's Go Fishing paper. I have then mounted Boho Blue and Blueberry Bushel cardstock that has been die cut using the wave die in the Gone Fishing dies which also features some embossing which you can see in a photo further down. I have also randomly stamped the Blueberry Bushel card using Blueberry Bushel ink and the what I would call the "current" stamp. 

Each of the pieces of fishing tackle have been stamped onto Very Vanilla card using Blueberry Bushel, Calypso Coral and Pebbled Path. They have then been die cut using the matching dies from the bundle. I have then tied them using single strands of the Linen thread. 

The fish are actually from the Let's Go Fishing paper that have been die cut using a die from the Gone Fishing die set. How good is it that the dies can also be used with the paper rather than fussy cutting! I have also used some Wink of Stella on the fish to make it look like the fish scales. 


The sentiment is from Celebrate With Tags and has been stamped in Blueberry Bushel onto Very Vanilla card. For the "th" I have used the word birthday and cut away the irrelevant letters. I can't say this was my idea but one of a fellow team member, Cathy Proctor. For the numerals I have used the Alphabet A La Mode dies, Blueberry Bushel cardstock and Adhesive Sheets. 

Finally I have added a couple of Pebbled Path In Colour Dots.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the Queen of the fancy fold cards, Sharon Davern.  I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  


 

If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa









9 comments:

  1. OOOO I love the Wink of Stella as scales! Great 60th birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, your layered waves look fantastic! I love that you've remembered and used the cutting up of letters to create the "th" - it works so well on this special card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful birthday card for a fisherman Theresa. I’m sure your friend will be delighted with his card. I love your colour combo. Blueberry Bushel is perfect for sea and works so well with Boho Blue. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what an awesome card! Love everything about it ... your colour choices, the very cool embossed waves, stamping, customised sentiment. Beautifully done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like your card Theresa, we had similar ideas on colours for our card too! Great idea with the wink of Stella. Love the birthday sentiment. It will be a much loved card for this significant birthday. Great card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous masculine card for a keen fisherman. The water looks fantastic, and it was a great idea to use Wink Of Stella on the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous masculine card Theresa to celebrate your friends milestone birthday. I like the two tone waves and the stamped currents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great masculine card, Theresa. I love the water in 2 colours and the Wink of Stella for the fish scales is brilliant. The sentiment looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect bundle choice for your fisherman friend, Theresa. Such a great masculine card with lots of fishing elements, and I love all the extra little details.

    ReplyDelete