Pages

Monday 7 August 2023

AWH Heart of Christmas Week 1

 

Welcome to another year of the Art With Heart, Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. I have to say how lovely is our header?

For my first card of this year's blog hop I have chosen one of the new stamp sets available as an online exclusive, Be Very Merry, which at the time of this blog hop is currently unavailable as it was so popular and has sold out so here's hoping that more stock becomes available soon. Apart from the feature image and the sentiment all other elements are available from the Annual Catalogue.

The base panel of the card has been embossed using the Merry Melody 3D Embossing folder and White cardstock. I have then added a piece of Poppy Parade card that has been die cut using one of the Scallop Contour dies. On top of this I have added a piece of the Brights paper in Poppy Parade. 

I have added a band of Burlap ribbon and also some Sweet Sorbet In Colour Bakers Twine. Since there is no Bakers Twine in Poppy Parade I thought the Sweet Sorbet was close enough.

The Stained Glass Santa image has been coloured using Stampin Blends in Pecan Pie, Poppy Parade and Boho Blue. This has been punched out using the 2 3/8 circle punch. 

The sentiment is also from Be Very Merry and has been embossed in Gold and die  cut using one of the Nested Essentials dies. 

Finally I have added a couple of Gold Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots. 

I really enjoyed colouring the Stained Glass image and there are others on the same stamp set so here's hoping that more stock arrives and it is available again. 

Next on tonight's blog hop is the lovely Rachel Woollard. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Festive creation.

If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to our lovely host Sharon Davern's blog.

 If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa






10 comments:

  1. Oh your stained glass window is gorgeous - i might have to add this stamp set to my list, Theresa after seeing your card. I love the bright red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the huge scallops and the polka dots together! The stained glass Santa looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would have thought to pair Poppy Parade with Balmy Blue, but they look beautiful together! The gorgeous colours you've used just pop against the white background. Love your colouring of the focal image, and your choice of "bits" used to compose your design, T. this is a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful card Theresa. I love your colouring of the stained glass Santa. It works so well with the scallops and polka dots and the white embossed background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a jolly scene Theresa! I love your colouring of the stained glass Santa and the polka dot DSP, scalloped edging and even the burlap ribbon with the Baker’s twine. I’m so sad I missed this stamp set and do hope stock gets in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Theresa. I love the colour palette you have chosen and I also love the layers behind your beautifully coloured focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous and I was holding off on getting this set and nearly thought I had done my dash but now that it is back in the online store I might just have to do it now! Really lovely. I love the embossed background and the scalloped paper and dotty dsp. The layout just works so well. Gorgeous card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great start to HOC with that amazing stained glass window image. It is coloured beautifully, Theresa, and I love the DSP with the music embossed in the background. A brilliant layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Woollard9 August 2023 at 20:45

    Love, love love your card Andrea, the scallops along the edge and the dots in the dsp look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and jolly card, Theresa. I love everything about it! From the bright red scallops and polka dots, to the beautifully coloured Santa and your choice of ribbon and gems. A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete