Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2023

Stampin' Up! Calypso Coral

 

This week, is week 16 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Calypso Coral, a member of the Subtles family and as the name suggests is a bold coral colour. 


At a recent team day our blog hop host, Cathy Proctor, guided us through a Make and Take project featuring the stamp set "Just My Type".  This is not necessarily a stamp set that I would usually purchase but after much encouragement from Cathy and my upline, Christine Blain, I decided to make the most of a recent discounted stamp sale day, and purchased it. My creation today for Calypso Coral features that stamp set, as well as some gorgeous new paper, Garden Walk, which I used for the colour combination inspiration. 

 

My first step for this card was to stamp multiple flower images using Memento Black onto White card. I then coloured these using Calyso Coral and Pretty Peacock Stampin Blends.

To this I added a border top and bottom cut using the edge die from Darling Details dies and Calypso Coral card. Because I didn't like the raw edge of the card showing I added strips of the new Calypso Coral Braided Linen Trim. I look forward to using this more in the future by separating the strands of the ribbon as I think it will work well. 

As I thought the flower panel looked a bit "lack lustre" I added a bit of Wink of Stella to brighten it up. 


The floral panel has then been mounted onto a piece of the Garden Walk paper that has been embossed using the Timeworn Type embossing folder. This has then all been mounted onto a piece of Pretty Peacock card and then White. 

For the sentiment I have used Calypso Coral ink onto White card. The word stamps as a whole but I wanted to separate each of the letters. I'd like to say that I fussy cut each of the letters but not being a fan of fussy cutting I used my retired 3/4 inch punch. The letters were mounted using dimensionals. 

Finally I have added a few of the also new Blooming Pearls in Pretty Peacock.

As there were some extra coloured flower images I have added one to the inside of the card, mounted onto Calypso Coral card, along with a strip of the reverse side of the Garden Walk paper.


 Next in tonight's blog hop is our fancy fold queen, Sharon Davern. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  


 

If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our guest host for this week  Tina Gillespie   where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa















6 comments:

  1. Yes, you succumbed! You won't regret buying this delightful stamp set, my friend. You have made such a pretty card, with the new paper and Braided Linen Trim that I am swooning over! I love the addition to the flowers of Wink of Stella; the shimmer is gorgeous. Beautiful showcase of Calypso Coral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your row of flowers on the front of the card is adorable! It was a great choice of stamp set, and it works so beautifully with the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Theresa. The row of flowers across the centre of your card is delightful, especially with a touch of Wink of Stella. I love the Braided Linen trim - I really hadn’t paid it attention until now - between you and Christine it will be on my next order. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good do those flowers look stamped in a row?! Lovely colouring and yes, LOVE the Wink of Stella. I border dies frame the centre panel beautifully, Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa I love your row of sweet flowers with that beautiful die cut patterned border which coordinate beautifully with the patterned DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great stamp and I also love the row of flowers Theresa. Even more, I love the addition of flowers to the inside of the card, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete