Pages

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Stampin' Up! Cajun Craze

 

This week, is week 15 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Cajun Craze, a member of the Regals family and a colour that I don't tend to use very much. 



Cajun Craze is a very bold colour very much like Terracotta and in saying so is also quite polarizing. For me it is one of my least used colours due to its boldness. Often when I am looking for inspiration I will turn to the the beautiful papers that Stampin' Up! creates and this week I have used a couple of the pieces of the Fresh As A Daisy papers. 



It is not particularly clear to see in the photo but I have actually used two different papers and die cut them using the Patchwork Pieces dies. To break up and soften the piece featuring Pretty Peacock I have embossed it using one of the 3D Basics embossing folders. When creating my card I cut 2 pieces of the paper, the one featuring Pretty Peacock and another featuring Cajun Craze and the white daisies. I have then alternated each of the papers and adhered them to a piece of White cardstock. 

This has then been adhered to a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock that has been stamped using the floral trio stamp and Versamark so as to give a softer image.


 

I have then used White cardstock and the Cheerful Daisies dies to cut the Daisy Spray. I have sponged the centres with Cajun Craze and a sponge douber. 

I have added some Gold Simply Elegant Trim behind the Daisies as well as some Gold Neutrals Adhesive Backed Sequins to the flower centres. 

The sentiment is also from the Cheerful Daisies stamp set and has been stamped in Cajun Craze. The die used for the sentiment is also from the Cheerful Daisies die set. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is  our lovely host Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa












8 comments:

  1. I agree Theresa one of my least used colours as well. I love how you have stamped on the card base with versamark and then have a panel of the DSP to layer your daisies on! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice! I like how you've used white daisies to tone down the busy and bold patterned paper ... and added Cajun Craze to the centres, to complement the Cajun Craze card layer. The tone-on-tone look of the stamped flowers is a great touch. Even though this is not a colour you create with often (me three, ha ha), you've made a beautiful card with it, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of the patchwork dies, while not immediately obvious, gives such a great effect, Theresa. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white daisies looks so fresh over the gorgeous DSP background. What a great idea to use the patchwork dies to crop the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Theresa. I love your choice of DSPs for the background and the way you have used them with the quilting die. The white daisies with touches of CC are the perfect focal point. Stamping with Versamark on the CC card base adds a subtle touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does help when our featured colour has a DSP doesn't it? I like the texture on your peacock DSP, and the overall effect of your card - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have used the patchwork dies to create a gorgeous card front layer. Using versamark on the background added a lovely subtle touch, ensuring everything works together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love those big white daisies on the darker DSP. Those patchwork dies are fantastic, arent' they?!! The stamping on the card base is effective too!

    ReplyDelete