Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2023

Stampin' Up! Blackberry Bliss

 

This week, is week 13 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Blackberry Bliss, a very bold, as the name suggests, Blackberry colour that is a member of the Neutrals colour group, believe it or not!


 

Whilst scrolling on Pinterest for a colour combination to use this week, I came across one of Brian King's that really appealed to me, Blackberry Bliss, Misty Moonlight and Fresh Freesia.  For the first time in a long time there is also NO stamping on either of the cards I am sharing this week. I am letting the dies do all the "talking". 


 

For my first card I have randomly coloured a piece of Basic White cardstock using Blending Brushes and Blackberry Bliss, Misty Moonlight and Fresh Freesia ink pads. I have then die cut another piece of Basic White cardstock using one of the Gorgeous Garden dies and randomly sponged some of the flower cut outs using Blackberry Bliss. 

I have then used Wink Of Stella on each of the seed pods or buds, whichever you chose to call them. 

The sentiment has been die cut using the Wanted to Say dies and Blackberry Bliss for the background and Basic White for the script. I have also added some Silver Simply Elegant Trim which I have separated all of the strands and placed them under the sentiment. The bow has been cut using the Holographic Specialty Paper. Finally I have added a couple of the Fresh Freesia Tinsel Gems.


For my second and also "no stamping" card, I have reversed the 2 layers. This time I have sponged a piece of Vellum, still using Blackberry Bliss, Misty Moonlight and Fresh Freesia ink pads and Blending Brushes. 


I have used a different sentiment in this card but still from the same set, Wanted to Say. I have also added the Silver Simply Elegant Trim, Wink of Stella and Fresh Freesia Tinsel Gems as in the first card. 

 

When planning these cards it was actually the second version that came to mind first but now I think I actually prefer the first one. What about you?

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Caroline Manwaring.  I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation. 



If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa



10 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard26 July 2023 at 20:24

    Two beautiful cards Theresa, I love the addition of the tinsel behind the greetings and your chosen colour schemes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of these lovely products, and a beautiful colour combo, T. I think the first card is my favourite. Love those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Theresa, I love the tinsel around the greeting it really just give it that sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fantastic cards, Theresa. Love Misty Moonlight with Blackberry Bliss and and Fresh Freesia on your no-stamping cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful cards Theresa using the Gorgeous Garden dies (they simply are gorgeous). I do love your second card as the blended colours on the vellum layer seem to pop out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both so pretty, but I'm with you - I slightly prefer the first card to the second. The colours are gorgeous, and look lovely set against the crisp white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards, Theresa. The colour combination is gorgeous, and I just love the sparkly metallic trim and holographic elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Theresa. I can’t choose a favourite - both are delightful. The colours work together so well and the deconstructed Simply Elegant trim is lovely behind the die cut sentiments. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colours are so pretty together, Theresa. I love the blended backgrounds and how good are these Garden dies?!! Great use of the Wated to Say dies and the Silver trim is soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous cards and I agree the colour combination is a winner! Love how you have blended them on your background. The addition of the elegant trim is lovely. Love both your cards.

    ReplyDelete