Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Stampin' Up! Balmy Blue

 

This week, is week 10 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we start our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Balmy Blue, a lovely soft blue that would be popular for baby boy cards. I on the other hand have chosen otherwise!


My inspiration for this week came from what I would call the reverse side of one of the pieces of Les Shoppes paper which features Balmy Blue, Night of Navy and Calypso Coral and I have to say I really love how these colours work together.

 


So as I said my starting point was the reverse side of the Les Shoppes paper which I embossed using the Exposed Brick 3D folder. I have then added a band of the Balmy Blue and White Double Stitched ribbon.

The Balmy Blue ring has been made using 2 of the Stylish Shapes dies. 

For the foliage I have used  the Timeless Arrangements dies and Balmy Blue, Night of Navy and Calypso Coral cardstock. 

The sentiment is also from Timeless Arrangements and has been stamped in Night of Navy and die cut using another of the Timeless Arrangements dies.

This photo shows a close up of the lovely embossing created by the Exposed Brick 3D folder.


Finally I have added a bow using the Balmy Blue and White Double Stitched ribbon and added a few of the Balmy Blue Iridescent Pastel Gems.

Next in tonight's blog hop is my lovely upline and dear friend Christine Blain.  I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  


 

If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host  Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa


9 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is so pretty, Theresa. What gorgeous colours with that lovely patterned paper. Love the circle and the ribbon finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Theresa, you have really picked up the design of this stunning DSP pattern in the embellishments of your beautiful card. Those colours look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! I love everything about your gorgeous card. The DSP, the colours, the layering - it's all so beautiful. It definitely deserves another WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stand-out colour combination! I love it, and love all the elements you put together to make this beautiful card, T. The die-cut ring of Balmy Blue is a lovely anchor for all the foliage, all the while allowing the gorgeous patterned paper to show through. Calypso Coral is a surprising but beautiful addition to the blues. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful card Theresa. Your choice of colours from the DSP is inspired. I love your layers and special elements. The combination of the Timeless Arrangements elements with the embossed DSP is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really pretty card! I love the embossed DSP, it really changes the impact of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Theresa, at first I thought you had curved the ribbon and I was wondering how you got it so perfect. It all comes together so well. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so beautiful Theresa. I love how you have embossed the DSP. I am loving the Timeless arrangements dies and I love the colours you have put with Balmy Blue. The ribbon and the circle of card are fantastic elements. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pops of the calypso coral on the card. It is the perfect finishing touch on an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete