Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Stampin' Up! Basic Gray

 

This week, is week 11 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Basic Gray, a bold and dark gray colour that I don't use very often.To me in conjures up ideas of sympathy cards. I have decided to tone down the boldness of Basic Gray by teaming it with Bubble Bath and Berry Burst to create a sympathy card.


To create the card base I firstly randomly stamped off the "splotch" stamp from Irresistible Blooms using Basic Gray. I then embossed the white cardstock using one of the 3D Basics embossing folders.

I have then die cut some Bubble Bath Soft Shimmer paper using the circular die from the Irresistible Blooms dies. This has been mounted onto a piece of Delightfully Eclectic paper featuring Bubble Bath. 

For the flowers I have embossed them in white onto both Bubble Bath and Berry Burst cardstock and then die cut them using the corresponding dies. 

For the leaves I have used 2 options. The triple leaf has been stamped in Basic Gray onto white cardstock and then die cut. The single leaves have been die cut using Basic Gray cardstock and then "painted"with Wink of Stella to give a lighter look than just the gray cardstock.


The sentiment is from Something Fancy and has been stamped in Basic Gray onto White cardstock and then die cut using one of the Something Fancy dies. I have die cut another piece in Basic Gray to add a border. 

Finally I have added a couple of Classic Matte Dots in Basic Gray.

As the inside of the card is quite dark I have added a piece of white cardstock that has been stamped using the colour with Write Marker method in Basic Gray and the Countryside Corner stamp and then die cut with the largest die. As I had a spare flower in Bubble Bath I have added it to the inside as well.


Next in tonight's blog hop is our lovely host  Cathy Proctor.  I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  




If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host  Cathy Proctor  where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa




7 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard12 July 2023 at 20:36

    Such a pretty card Theresa, Bubble Bath and Berry Burst look lovely with Basic Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Theresa, you've made such a soft and feminine sympathy card by combining Bubble Bath and Berry Burst with Basic Gray. The Countryside Corner stamp and die on the inside looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gray and pink, and I think you've made a wonderful card using the combo. The flowers really pop, and I think it's great that you've included one on the inside of your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Theresa. Grays and pinks are lovely together, and I like that you white heat embossed onto the coloured card for those flowers. The inside looks fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty card, T. I played with several of the same elements and colours, and ended up using some on my card for next week! The greys and pinks look so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love how you have used the Countryside Inn dies on the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour combination you have used. Very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete