Pages

Monday 4 July 2022

Heart Of Christmas Week 1

 

Welcome to another year of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. I have to say how cute is our header?

For my first card of this year's blog hop I have chosen one of the new stamp sets in the Annual Catalogue, Trimming The Tree and paired it with some of the new Designer Series Paper, Boughs of Holly, from the new Mini Catalogue. I can see this paper being a firm favourite of mine.


The stamp is a 2 step stamp and I have used Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent, stamping it on a piece of white cardstock that has been die cut using the Deckled Rectangles. 

My actual starting point for my card was to emboss a piece of Evening Evergreen using the new Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder. I have then die cut some of the Boughs of Holly paper using the Picture This dies and mounted them onto the Evening Evergreen cardstock. The photo below shows some of the beautiful detail of the embossing folder. 


I have also die cut another piece of the Boughs of Holly paper and offset this under the panel that the Christmas Tree has been stamped on. 

Back to the Christmas Tree. The stamp set also comes with a stamp that is like a garland of baubles and I have stamped this in Versamark and embossed it using the Gold embossing powder. I have also done the same for the star on top of the tree. It was a bit hard to capture it in the overall photo but I have a close up below to show it better.


I have then added in some Red Rhinestones to mimic some red baubles.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set and has also been gold embossed and die cut using one of the Layering Circles dies and has then been mounted on a scalloped piece of Gold Glimmer Specialty Paper. I have also added a couple of the Gold Festive Pearls. Lastly a small bow tied from the Gold and Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon.

Next on tonight's blog hop is  my lovely upline Christine Blain. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation. If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to  Sharon Davern's blog  blog.

 


If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week

Theresa

12 comments:

  1. There's so much to love about your fantastic Christmas card! The gold garland looks amazing, and the addition of the red baubles was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card, Theresa! That embossing folder is gorgeous and I love the way you've decorated your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard4 July 2022 at 20:34

    Stunning card Theresa, I love the addition of the DSP in the background combined with the Whimsical Embossing folder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that gorgeous stamped tree is a show-stopper, my friend! I LOVE the gold-embossed details added after the two-step stamping in those two beautiful greens. The DSP and embossing folder you used are both so beautiful. Lots to love about your first Christmas creation of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning tree and beautifully decorated with the gold enbossing and red shiny baubles. And that embossing folder is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Theresa. I love the gold embossing on the tree and the addition of the red rhinestones. The die cut layers behind the main image and on top of the embossing folder draws the eyes to take it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa your card is elegant and very Christmassy. Your decorated tree is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a pretty card Theresa, I love all the detail with the embossed evening evergreen background to the gorgeous DSP and the stamped tree on the front is beautiful! Thank you for participating in the Heart of Christmas and getting us off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gold garland around the tree and the sparkle of red. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful Christmas card Theresa with a delightful Christmas tree. I love your layering with DSP and embossing as well as the delightful gold garland and red baubles. A special card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Theresa. Love those pops of red on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caroline Manwaring18 July 2022 at 22:32

    Oops, did it again. Forgot to add my name.

    ReplyDelete