Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Stampin' Up! Blackberry Bliss

 

This week, week 9 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour is Blackberry Bliss, a member of the Regals colour group .

 

For my card this week I decided to break open a new stamp set and die bundle from the upcoming new July to December mini, that will be available to purchase from this Friday but as a demonstrator we have the privilege to purchase in a preorder. The stamp set is Splendid Thoughts and is paired with matching dies. I have teamed Blackberry Bliss with Old Olive and Fresh Freesia. 


 


I started my card by stamping the leaf outline in Old Olive and the flower stem in Blackberry Bliss. The stamp set does come with a "filling stamp" but it's designed to be offset somewhat as and I wanted to die cut these images I chose to break out my "little used" watercolour pencils and Blender Pens instead. As Stampin' Up! do not have a Blackberry Bliss pencil I opted for Rich Razzleberry instead. I think it's close enough. I also die cut a couple of open leaves from the Splendid Stems dies using some Matte Rose Gold Specialty Paper. I then mounted this bunch on a circle of White cardstock that has been matted with a scalloped edge of Blackberry Bliss. Both from the Layering Circles dies.

For the base of the card I have used a piece of the Design a Daydream paper which features Blackberry Bliss and what I think is Fresh Freesia.  I have used the scallop edge die from the Scalloped Contour dies for the edge of the paper and embossed the Fresh Freesia cardstock using the Pretty Flowers embossing folder. You can see the detail a bit closer in the photo below.


I have then added a bow of Fresh Freesia to the spray.

The sentiment is from Happiness Abounds and has been stamped in Blackberry Bliss and die cut using one of the dies from Harvest Dies. Finally I have added a few In Colour Opal Rounds to break up some of the space and to the sentiment panel. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Rosa Leyden. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 


 

 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Blushing Bride.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

9 comments:

  1. Nice use of colour, T (very similar to my choices this week!) ... and there are so many beautiful details on your card. I love that bold Blackberry Bliss DSP, and the large scallops on the die-cut edge really suit it. I really like your use of Blackberry Bliss ink for the sentiment, and the floral spray. Lovely card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card front with the embossed Frersh Freesia and the Blackberry Bliss dsp that has a scallop edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard29 June 2022 at 20:32

    Lovely card Theresa, the Rich Razzleberry pencil looks just like a lighter shade of Blackberry Bliss, beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so wonderful. The different purples work so nicely together, and the addition of the Rose Gold is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, the dark Blackberry Bliss contrasts beautifully against the Fresh Freesia, showing up the scalloped edge to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mix of purples and the scalloped edge on your card, Theresa. The rose gold looks amazing with this purples – very regal, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layers and textures with the background embossing, Theresa. Fresh Freesia really does go so well with Blackberry Bliss and the beautiful hint of rose gold foil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Theresa, I love all the texture and layers and your colour choices to go with blackberry bliss are just lovely! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snap on using this stamp and die bundle! It really lends well to layering as you have shown in your beautiful card Theresa. I love the scalloped DSP panel and must have missed that in the catalogue!

    ReplyDelete