Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2022

Stampin' Up! Cajun Craze

 

This week, week 11 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour is Cajun Craze, a very strong coloured member of the Regals colour group .


 To me Cajun Craze is a strong bold colour and one that is perfect for male cards and as it is my Father In Laws birthday soon, I thought it perfect for his birthday along with the He's The Man Suite of products. Using the He's The Man Speciality paper as my guide I have teamed Cajun Craze with Early Espresso, Sahara Sand and a little bit of Crushed Curry.


My starting point was to cut strips of 2 of the papers in the He's The Man paper pack, adhere them to a piece of cardstock. I then embossed this piece using the Painted Texture embossing folder. I then created a frame using 2 of the Rectangle Stitched dies and adhered this to the embossed piece.  The photo below shows the detail of the embossing a bit clearer. 


I have then wrapped some of the Natural Finish ribbon around the band. 

The sentiment is from the stamp set, He's All That which is also part of the suite and has been stamped in Early Espresso and die cut with one of the dies from the coordinating set. I have mounted this on another die cut using Cajun Craze. One of the pieces of paper in the He's The Man Specialty paper is actaully die cuts, so I have used a couple of them for the stars that I have adhered to the ribbon. 

As I thought the strip background needed to be broken up I added some arrows cut in Crushed Curry cardstock. 

I have then die cut 4 of the "hashtag"type dies and adhered them to the corners of another piece of paper from the same pack. Finally I have mounted the strip and sentiment panel on top of this. I have then added a few Rustic Metal Dots. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Kate Morgan. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 


 If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Calypso Coral.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome masculine card. I love how the cross acts to draw your eyes to the centre panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic masculine card, Therea. I love the addition of the Natural finish ribbon and the "hashtag"type dies – LOL, in my head I call these "argyle" dies but I think after seeing your card I will forever call them hashtag dies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for a fella Theresa. I am sure your Father in Law will be delighted. I love your striped embossed background and all the elements and layers. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great masculine card Theresa, love all that chunky texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great masculine card Theresa. Those yellow crosses remind me of rowing oars, but they really draw the eyes into the centre of the card, as does the ribbon and those stars embellishments. The vertical striped DSP looks great embossed for texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many layers and textures Theresa, your Father-in-law is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Woollard14 July 2022 at 06:52

    Stunning card Theresa, that Crushed Curry cross really pops and draws your eye in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cajun Craze is great on masculine cards, and I am sure your father-in-law will be well chuffed with this great card, T. I agree, that the "arrows" really draw the eye in to the centre of the card. I love how you framed the DSP panel. I call those corner dies argyle-patterned dies, but "hashtag" works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your male card Theresa, those arrows really do draw the eye to the middle of the card.

    ReplyDelete