Pages

Monday 18 July 2022

Heart of Christmas Week 3

 

Welcome to Week 3 of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. 

For my card this week I have turned to the Annual Catalogue for some inspiration whilst I await my latest order to be delivered. In particular page 44. The card uses  favourites from last years July to December mini that carried over into the Annual Catalogue, Christmas Pinecone Dies, Christmas to Remember stamp set and Seasonal Labels dies.


My starting point for this card was to die cut the Pinecones using white cardstock and then colour it using Old Olive and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends in both light and dark. I then adhered this to a piece of White Glimmer paper that has been die cut using the largest of the Deckled Rectangles dies. I did this by carefully applying liquid glue and in hindsight I should have used adhesive sheets when I first die cut the spray. I didn't think about this until I had completed all of the colouring and wasn't going to do it again! I have then adhered this panel to some thick white cardstock.

It's a bit hard to photograph the gorgeous White glimmer paper when showing the card as a whole like above so the one below shows it in closer detail.


The sentiment is from Christmas to Remember and has been stamped using Poppy Parade ink and then die cut using the corresponding die. I have then used the same die and cut a piece from Red Glimmer paper. I've then cut this in halg=f and adhered it to the back of the sentiment panel. 

I have also added some leaves and berries from the Christmas Season bundle that have been stamped in Old Olive and Poppy Parade consecutively. I have then adhered them to the back of the sentiment panel. 

For the bow I have used White Crinked Seam Binding that I have coloured using Poppy Parade Stampin Blends. 

Finally I have added some Wink Of Stella to the berries to give them a bit of glimmer and added some Red Pearls to the sentiment panel. 

Next on tonight's blog hop is our talented team leader Claire Daly. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation. If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern's blog.


 

If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa


10 comments:

  1. How beautiful! The layering on your card is gorgeous! I can just imagine how shimmery it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've used your blends to variegate the colour in the pinecones and pine branches, Theresa. I can see the wonderful shimmer on your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful card! The hand-coloured pine cones and boughs, mounted on white glimmer paper, have a lovely soft look that is reminiscent of vintage Christmas cards (from the 1940s, perhaps). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa your colouring of the pine and pine cones is beautiful! Love the glimmery background and the other layered elements on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Theresa, I love the sparkly layer behind the pine needles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel Woollard18 July 2022 at 20:51

    Sorry Theresa, I forgot to leave my name on the previous comment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I adore the way you've coloured the pine dies in the background. The sparkle of the white glimmer paper adds a beautiful Christmassy touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing card, all that bling in the background and the pine needles and flower are just soooo beautiful. My favourite card of the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that white glimmer paper! Such a gorgeous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Theresa, I love the glimmer paper it really adds that bling and shine to your card! The pine needles are lovely on top of it and then your focal point arrangement with your sentiment! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete