Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2022

Stampin' Up! Calypso Coral

 

This week, week 12 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour is Calypso Coral, is a member of the Subtles colour group .


 For my card this week I have "broken out" yet another recently new purchased stamp set, Amazing Year, along with some new dies, Fabulous Frames. I have taken my colour inspiration from one of the beautiful papers I have chosen, Awash in Beauty. The colours in the paper are Calypso Coral, Balmy Blue and the paper features Granny Apple Green, but I have chosen Old Olive instead.


The base layer of my card is one of the papers from the Awash in Beauty and i have overlayed this with the lattice frame from Organic Beauty dies. For tose of you who read my latest post for the Heart Of Christmas will be pleased to know that this time I remembered to use the Adhesive Sheets! 

I have then added a piece of the paper from Happy Forest Friends which features Calypso Coral and I have embossed this using one of the Splatters and Stripes folders which you can see a bit better in the photo below.


To the edges of this I have attached a couple of pieces of the new Balmy Blue and White Double Stitched ribbon, highlighting the Balmy Blue from the background paper. 

For the focal point of my card I have stamped an image from Amazing Year in Black memento and then coloured it using Stampin' Blends in Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Balmy Blue. I have then framed this using Calypso Coral.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set and has been stamped in Calypso Coral and then die cut using one of the new dies from the mini called, Labels Aglow. 

Finally I may have gone a bit overboard with the embellishments using Brushed Brass Butterflies on the coloured panel, Pastel Pearls on the patterned paper and finally Champagne Rhinestones on the sentiment panel. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Andrea Sargent. I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Cherry Cobbler, for which I am aiming NOT to create a Christmas card.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

12 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! The flowers look wonderful, and the layering underneath is fabulous. Hooray for Adhesive Sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this Awash in Beauty DSP so pretty, Theresa? I love that we have both used the same die and DSP but have made such different cards . You've paired the Amazing Year so well with the Awash in Beauty DSP on your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Theresa - I just love the way you have picked out the Balmy Blue, it really lifts the card and makes it fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard20 July 2022 at 21:03

    Very pretty card Theresa, lovely match between the stamped image and the background dsp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Theresa, I love the awash with beauty paper it is so lovely and your focal point flower is coloured so well it is very pretty. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card, T! The lattice die-cut over the top of the floral DSP is a really lovely basis for your card. I love your DSP and colour choices, the dies you've used (especially my favourite sentiment label!), and all the gorgeous embellishments. Beautifully put together, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa your card is beautiful and the coloured flowers are so lovely. I love how the tag has been coloured in Balmy Blue to tie in with main colours in the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Theresa. I love all your layering. (Well done for remembering the adhesive sheet - I usually forget.) Your colours and the coordination of DSP with the floral arrangement worked brilliantly. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Palmieri21 July 2022 at 10:20

    Can you ever go overboard with embellishments Theresa? Your card is like a gorgeous layered cake, so delicious as we examine each layer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so pretty with that ribbon wrapped around the card and such a cute label!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Theresa. That lattice (yay for adhesive sheets) is lovely over the top of the patterned paper. Picking out the Balmy Blue with the ribbon and coloured tag adds a summery vibe.

    ReplyDelete