Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2021

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase : Pretty Peacock

 

Welcome to another week of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase. This week we are featuring one of the 2019-2021 In Colours, and one that will be retiring in a few months, Pretty Peacock, which is quite a strong blue green colour. 


 

I've chosen a piece of the DSP from the Forever Greenery pack to start the design process. I've run this through the Subtle embossing folder to add some texture. I've then used the largest stamp from the Happiest of Birthday's stamp set and coloured the words in graduating colours of, Shaded Spruce, Granny Green Apple and Pear Pizazz. I've used markers rather than Stampin' Blends as they are better for colouring stamps. I did this using my Stamparatus so that I could stamp the image several times to get the colour density I liked. The sentiment panel has then been die cut using the Stitched Nested Labesl dies and I've cut another one in Pretty Peacock to mount it on.  Finally I've added a couple of Granny Green Apple balloons with Pretty Peacock ribbons from the Happy dies. As well as a couple of Holiday Rhinestone jewels in Shaded Spruce

As always if you would like to know more about anything Stampin Up!, would like me to pop a brand new catalogue in the mail to you, or would like to order any of the beautiful products then please contact me via the Facebook tab up the top.

To see more of this weeks beautiful creations please hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog.Please take the time to visit all of the blogs and if you feel so inclined then please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting. 

Enjoy your week

T x

9 comments:

  1. Oh Theresa I was considering making an ombre effect card with this birthday stamp too - your's looks absolutely fabulous! I love the embossed DSP background too. Thank you for sharing your pretty peacock projects with us tonight in the Colour Creations Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this large multi-coloured sentiment with the fab stripey paper! Great card, T. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Theresa. So simple and yet so very effective and wow factor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card! I love the embossing on the DSP and snap that we used the exact same piece! Love the ombre Happy Birthday looks fabulous! Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ombre sentiment compliments the striped paper perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ombre effect of your large sentiment is super effective with the stripy background. Love the subtles TIEF on the DSP too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this card! The marker to rubber technique looks fab on that big stamp. I must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Theresa. The ombre effect on the large stamped sentiment works so well with the striped and embossed DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa, I love the ombre effect on that sentiment. It goes so perfectly with the striped DSP.

    ReplyDelete