Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2021

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase : Poppy Parade

 

I'm baaaaccckkkk! Yes it has been a while since my last post but sometimes things in life have to take priority. Once Christmas passed we made the hard decision to move my 98 year old mother into Aged Care. Although it was a hard decision to make at the time, I know now that it was the absolute right decision. She is now settled and I hope to get back to joining this blog hop on a regular basis again.

This week we are featuring Poppy Parade. Poppy Parade is a member of the Brights colour group and one of the first Stampin' Up! colours I was introduced to many years ago. I've always loved this red colour and love teaming it with black and white as you will see.

My first card features the True Love DSP, 2 ways, one coloured with Stampin Blends and another as a base for the card.

I've mounted the coloured piece of DSP on to a piece of Whisper White cardstock that has been embossed using the Tasteful Textile folder. I've then added a peeper of Poppy Parade die cut using one of the Ornate Borders dies. The sentiment is from the Here's a Card stamp set. And to finish I've added a couple of Matt Black Dots.

For my second card I've finally inked up the absolutely beautiful Art Gallery stamp set and die cut the flower with the matching Floral Gallery Die.

 

Now that I look at it I really could've taken a better photo. The Fine Floral Art bundle also includes Painted Texture 3D embossing folder and i Have used it to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock to mount the beautiful flower. The DSP in the background is another piece from the True Love pack. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and I've added a couple of Resin Hearts to the panel.

This photo shows a close up of the detail in the Painted Texture embossing folder.

As always if you would like to know more about anything Stampin Up!, would like me to pop a brand new catalogue in the mail to you, or would like to order any of the beautiful products then please contact me via the Facebook tab up the top.

To see more of this weeks beautiful creations please hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog.Please take the time to visit all of the blogs and if you feel so inclined then please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting. 

Enjoy your week

T x


5 comments:

  1. So great to have you backkkkkkk Theresa and I'm really glad your mum is sorted and safe. Both these cards are beautiful but I keep going back to look at the colouring on the first card - it is amazing1 Thank you for providing some Poppy Parade Inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back, playing along, T! This classic colour combination is so striking, and elegant, and I love what you've created. Beautiful use of papers and stamps. Hope you've had fun creating with these new products, now that your Mum is settled. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say Snap, but your card has so many more beautiful details than mine! I love how you have added the Ornate Border and the Bakers Twine. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Theresa, good to see you back creating. It certainly has paid off having your mum settled into care, as your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards Theresa. I love the vibrancy of red, black and white, it’s so striking.

    ReplyDelete