Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2021

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase : Pumpkin Pie

 

 

Welcome to another week of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase. This week we are featuring one of the colours from the Regals Collection, Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin Pie is an orange colour that has been around since I first joined but not a colour I tend to use very much.

This week I have tried a technique that is new to me but one I have wanted to give a go. It's called Joseph's Coat technique. How it works is that you choose your colours and then on White cardstock you use either Blender brushes or Sponge daubers to add the colour in a random fashion to cover the whole card. For my card I have used Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody and Terracotta Tile. Once this is dry you then stamp your image with Versamark and use clear embossing powder. I have used the group of trees stamp from the Winter Woods stamp set. The next step is the quite messy one where you cover the whole card with a darker ink. I have used Pretty Peacock and used Blending Brushes to apply the ink. Once this is dry you then wipe away the ink from the embossed image with a baby wipe. The Pretty Peacock ink wont stick to the embossed image so the colours of the trees show through.



It is a bit hard to capture in a photo but the trees are actually glistening from using the clear embossing powder. As I didnt want to detract from the trees I have just added a small sentiment from So Sentimental. The ribbon is the beautiful Fine Art ribbon.

As a coincidence after deciding to try this technique it was featured the very next week on Splitcoast Stampers blog so it must be on trend. 


As always if you would like to know more about anything Stampin Up!, would like me to pop a brand new catalogue in the mail to you, or would like to order any of the beautiful products then please contact me via the Facebook tab up the top.

To see more of this weeks beautiful creations please hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog. Please take the time to visit all of the blogs and if you feel so inclined then please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting. 

Enjoy your week

T x

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Those colours are glorious. This is a real show-stopper of a technique, and I love how you've used it, T. Beautiful work. I think we might all warm to Pumpkin Pie after this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your card is stunning. The colouring of the trees pop off the card and using Pretty Peacock as the background adds a beautiful tinge. Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card using this technique! It really does highlight the trees and use of Pumpkin Pie in a very different way. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness what an amazing card Theresa! Your autumn trees are so vibrant -I've never tried this technique but you've inspired me to give it a go. Thank you for sharing your Pumpkin Pie inspiration with us all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa - very skilful use of Joseph's Coat technique - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fantastic technique and a real wow in Pumpkin Pie. Great job Theresa, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a WOW from me too, Theresa. What a fantastic technique, and you have achieved such a stunning effect on your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Your gorgeous trees are so lovely and life-like in terms of the beautiful autumn colours. I love the dark sky behind. This is a technique that I will be trying. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your use of pumpkin pie this week. It looks fabulous and my first though when I saw your card was WOW!

    ReplyDelete