Pages

Monday 23 October 2023

AWH Heart Of Christmas Week 12

 

Welcome to Week 12 of the Art With Heart, Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. 

This week, probably much to our host's dismay, as she is the Queen of the fancy fold, I have gone back to a standard "non fancy fold" card, featuring very traditional festive colours. 


The starting point for my card was to stamp multiple images of one of the sprigs from the Joy of Noel stamp set using Tuxedo Black and then colour them with Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blends.

Next I die cut a piece of White card using one of the Deckled Circle dies. Now that I have completed the card I have no idea why I used that die in fact any die? On this white card I stamped what I would call a filler stamp, in Versamark and then embossed it in white rather than just leaving the white card plain. You can see it a bit closer in the photo below.


Next step was to arrange the coloured sprig pieces that have also been die cut, into a wreath shape and then stick them to the embossed white card. 

For the base of the card I have used a piece of Joy Of Christmas DSP and embossed it using the Christmas Tidings embossing folder. I actually like how the embossing has allowed some of the white core of the paper to come through. As you can see in the photo below.


For interest I decided not to adhere the whole wreath but to place the edge of it off the card front and then cut the side portion off.

I have also added some pine needle sprigs behind the wreath. These have been made by die cutting some Old Olive Card using one of the Christmas Classics dies and sponging the edges using Mossy Meadow ink. 

The sentiment is from Celebrate With Tags and has been white embossed on Real Red card and then die cut using one of the Cheerful Daisies dies. 

As I had an extra sprig coloured and cut I added it to the inside of the card for interest. 


Next on tonight's blog hop is the lovely Tina Gillespie. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her Inspiring Festive creation.


If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to our lovely host Sharon Davern's blog , where I am sure you will see a much more incarcerate fancy fold

 If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

7 comments:

  1. I love your off centre wreath, it’s coloured beautifully and co ordinates perfectly with the header for our blog hops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your partial wreath is fabulous! Such a great idea. The embossed backgrounds look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa a brilliant idea to place the wreath off centre. Your choice of sentiment is a stand out embossed on the Real Red label die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, my friend. I laughed at your comment about wondering why you used any die at all under the wreath ... but love the white-embossed detail on that white piece! The sentiment is really striking, embossed in white on Real Red card, and I like the addition of the die-cut piece inside your card. Lots of interesting details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely texture and detail in you card, Theresa. The wide green border really makes the plaid paper pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A delightful wreath card Theresa. I love the way you placed the wreath off-centre. Great colouring of the sprigs and the addition of die cut pine is gorgeous. I love to use a circular piece under the wreath to ensure it is a decent circle rather than end up a wonky wreath. No doubt you have a better eye. I love your embossed circular centre. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have placed your wreath to one side, Theresa. All the different textures are wonderful and the sentiment looks so good on the red card!

    ReplyDelete