Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2024

Stampin' Up! Petal Pink

 

I know it's been quite a while since I participated in the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase but well, what can I say, but life got pretty hectic over the festive season but hopefully I will now be back on a regular basis.

This week, is week  39 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Petal Pink, a member of the Subtles family of colours. I know the name of the colour includes the word pink but to me this colour is more like a pale apricot.


 Being a demonstrator I was fortunate enough to be able to place a preorder for some of the gorgeous new products in the current mini, which by the way, for every $90 you spend you get the opportunity to earn a free Saleabration product. As I said earlier having time restrictions I had been unable to have a play with any of the lovely new products but finally I have for my card this week. In particular the Bee Mine Suite of products.


Both of the papers used in the background are from the Bee Mine Designer Series Paper. These have been mounted onto a piece of Petal Pink cardstock and a band of Petal Pink ribbon, from the Ribbon Duo Combo pack in the Annual Catalogue wrapped around.

The stamped central panel has been die cut using one of the Everyday Details dies and White cardstock. The flower stem images are from the Bee Mine Valentine stamp set and have been stamped in Lemon Lime Twist for the stems and Petal Pink and Sweet Sorbet for the flowers in a 2 step process.

Isn't the bee so cute? This is also part of the same suite of products, with the stamp also from the Bee My Valentine set and it has a matching punch. The punch not only includes the bee body but also a heart shape which has been used for the bee wings. This has been stamped in Petal Pink and Black memento inks. 

The sentiment is also from the Bee My Valentine stamp set and has been white embossed onto Petal Pink cardstock and then die cut with the smallest of the circular Everyday Details dies. 

Can you also see the cute little bow on the left of the card. For this I have used 2 strands of White Bakers Twine, one of which I have coloured Petal Pink using a Stampin Blend.


It's a bit hard to see from the photo above but the flower centres are actually also from the same suite of products and are the Adhesive Backed Hearts and Flowers which are a shiny epoxy but the photo doesn't really show this. I have also added a couple of the Sweet Sorbet Hearts.

In an endeavour to use more of my scraps of Designer Series Papers I have added a band to the inside of the card. It also helps to fill the white space.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Rachel Woollard. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  



If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. So lovely to have you back on the hop, Theresa, with this stunning card. I love that you've coloured the twine and used the embellishments in the middle of the flowers too. Such a lovely combination of DSPs on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matching trio of flowers on the centre piece, very cute Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, welcome back! Your card is lovely. The floral DSP is gorgeous, and I love how you've recreated it for your main panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Theresa, lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek - this is so cute!! It's great to have you back, T ... I missed you. I really love the sentiment white-embossed on Petal Pink, and most certainly had noticed the cute baker's twine! Love your choices of papers and dies. Very sweet card (and you've made Petal Pink look good!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beeuuutiful card Theresa. I adore your combination of DSPs and you focal panel with the little flowers. Gorgeous. So good to have you back blog hopping with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin' cute, Theresa. I love the paper selection with the flower pattern at the top and then your feature panel trio of flowers stamped on the white diecut. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa I love that the stamped flowers coordinate with the DSP and beautiful bright colours. Very cute bee and a lovely embossed sentiment on Petal Pink card stock.

    ReplyDelete