Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Stampin' Up! Garden Green

 

This week, is week 25 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Garden Green, a member of the Regals family of colours. As the name suggests it is a green colour but not one that I gravitate to often but as it features in some of the Christmas papers this year I am slowly starting to use it more.


 I have had the Trucking Along bundle for sometime now and until this week hadn't chosen to ink it up. When planning my card for this week I thought the truck would really good in Garden Green as the green is very much like the John Deere green used on farms here in Australia. 


For the background paper I have chosen the "reverse" side of one of the pieces of A Walk In The Forest DSP, which is actaully the item that Stampin' Up! has chosen to be the "Making a Difference" product and $4.25 AUD from the sale of every pack of paper is donated to charity. The paper features several greens, Garden Green, Old Olive and Pretty Peacock.

The paper has been embossed using one of my favourtie embossing folders from the online exclusive Basics 3D folders.

For the truck, it is a 2 step stamp, whereby the outline has been stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and the fill has been stamped using Garden Green ink. For the tyres I have used Basic Gray. I have then used the coordinating punch to punch out the truck. This has been popped up on dimensionals and stuck to a piece of White card that has been die cut using Deckled Rectangles. Before adhering the truck I have stamped the flowers in the back of it as well as the road markings. 

This has then been mounted onto a piece of Garden green card that has also been die cut using the Deckled Rectangles. 

The sun has been created using one of the dies from Sentiment Silhouettes and Daffodil Delight card. The sun centre is a Basic Pearl that has been coloured using Stampin Blends. 

The word Sending has been die cut using the Sending Dies, Pretty Peacock card and Adhesive sheets. The outline is also from the same die set and cut in White card. 

For the words "Birthday Wishes"I have stamped them in Pretty Peacock onto white card and then used another of the Sending dies to cut it but as the die was a lot longer than the words, I cut it in 2 passes, moving the die in between. 

Finally I have added a few of the gorgeous Faceted Gems in Lost Lagoon. 


For the inside of the card I have just added another strip of the same paper that I have used on the front of the card. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Rachel Palmieri . I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

4 comments:

  1. Garden Green really redeems itself, when teamed with those other greens, doesn't it? LOL. It's a great colour for the truck, T ... and I love those striped papers, particularly for a masculine card. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Striped DSP works so well with your John Deere ute, Theresa! I love the combination of greens for this fabulous masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I'm glad I'm not the only one that crops the Birthday Wishes sentiment to be smaller. It looks lost on the full sized small label. Your card is fabulous, the horizontal stripes evoke the feeling of a road and movement, which is the perfect choice for your truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww cute, I wouldn't have thought to do the truck in Garden Green, but it looks fab! The sun looks great too, and perfect DSP choice!

    ReplyDelete