Pages

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Stampin' Up! Fresh Freesia

 

This week, is week 24 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Fresh Freesia, a member of the Subtles family of colours. Fresh Freesia is a gorgeous subtle pinky mauve colour and is also perfect for feminine cards.


After abstaining for many many weeks probably even months, I have finally "crossed over to the dark side" and entered the world of Fancy Fold cards for this weeks Colour Creations Showcase! It isn't a highly intricate one like other fellow team members create but I just thought the Latch fold card would be the perfect layout to feature one of the gorgeous papers from the online exclusive Delightful Floral DSP.


Rather than bore you with all of the measurements and instructions I suggest that you head over to Youtube and search for Latch Fold card videos and there are plenty of them. I found this one to be particularly helpful except that the measurements are designed for US card, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R473-5LRvqM. 


The sentiment is from another new online exclusive bundle, Heartfelt Hexagon. The stamp set has a multiple of sentiments for lots of different occasions, Birthday, Wedding, Sympathy to name a few. As well as a couple of border stamps to match the punch. In my case I have used the "Sending you lots of love and hugs" sentiment and stamped it in Fresh Freesia. For the border stamp I have used Berry Burst. 

This has been mounted onto another couple of Fresh Freesia pieces and I have added a few Berry Burst Tinsel Gems.


To brighten up the inside panel used for writing on I have used the Translucent Floral bundle which the Delightful Floral paper is designed to combine with. The floral stem has been stamped in Parakeet Party and the flowers in Berry Burst and Fresh Freesia. Each element is then die cut using the corresponding dies from the Translucent Floral dies. I have also generously added Wink of Stella to the flowers to make them sparkle. 


 

Finally in the bottom corner I have added a few Fresh Freesia Tinsel Gems.

Next in tonight's blog hop is our lovely host Catherine Proctor. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  



If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Catherine Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa


6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, T. This is a great fold, to show off those beautiful papers. The Heartfelt Hexagon bundle has fast become one of my favourites, and I may already have used that very sentiment (and frame) on next week's card! LOL. I love the shimmer on the delicate stamped flowers. So much prettiness on this card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely! The DSP is gorgeous, and I love how the stamping on the inside can be seen when the latch card is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, your Latch Fold fancy fold is terrific! It looks amazing in those beautiful papers - please keep making more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, I really do like your choice of paper (wink, wink) and it seems we may all be entering the world of the fancy fold. This Latch Fold card really does show off both paper and flowers at their best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Theresa, good on you creating a fancy fold design. The DSP selection is perfect and the lovely stamped images and the Wink of Stella, well you can never have too much sparkle! I can't wait for my Heartfelt Hexagon bundle to arrive after seeing you all using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Theresa. I love your Latch fold. It does show both the DSP and the punched label beautifully. I love the way you have added a spray of flowers to the bottom panel that shows through above the latch. xx

    ReplyDelete