Pages

Wednesday 13 September 2023

Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry

 

This week, is week 20 in the Colour Creations blog hop and this week we continue our journey through the existing Stampin' Up! core colours, working in alphabetical order. This week our feature colour is  Crushed Curry, a member of the Regals family of colours. Crushed Curry is not a colour I would tend to use very much but when I do I am pleasantly surprised.


 For my creation this week I have used the Stampin' Up! Monthly Challenge as the inspiration as this month it's a sketch challenge and one that appealed to me. 


I have also chosen to feature the beautiful Inked Botanicals Paper as one of the feature colours is Crushed Curry. The paper along with the stamp set, Inked and Tiled , is part of the Inked Botanicals Suite of products.


Four different papers have been cut and then mounted onto Lost Lagoon card in bow of Linen Thread.the layout as per the sketch above. These have then all been mounted onto a piece of Very Vanilla card and then onto a Crushed Curry card base. 

The flower and leaf stems have been cut from Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral and Lost Lagoon card using several of the dies from Meadow dies. They have also been sponged with their corresponding coliurs using sponge daubers. All tied together using a bow of Linen Thread.

The sentiment is also from Inked and Tiled and has been stamped in Calypso Coral on Very Vanilla card and then cut using one of the Something Fancy dies. 

Finally a few Brushed Brass Butterflies have been added. 

For the inside of the card I have stamped one of the Inked and Tiled images in Calypso Coral on Very Vanilla and added a strip of a different piece of the Inked Botanicals paper. 



Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation.  


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

4 comments:

  1. I love the soft vintage feel of your card, Theresa. This is a great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Theresa. I've been meaning to use this sketch but I haven't got around to it. Your card makes me want to give it a try even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on the sketch. Aren't the Inked Botanicals papers just beautiful? I didn't think I like Crushed Curry much, until I saw the patterns in these papers! Your card is so pretty; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of these papers, Theresa, looks great with those 3 coloured diecuts in coordinting colours. Those brass butterflies are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete