Pages

Monday 25 September 2023

AWH Heart of Christmas Week 8

 

Welcome to Week 8 of the Art With Heart, Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this year's blog hop is the lovely Sharon Davern. 

Lately everywhere I seem to look for ideas for card designs I seem to keep seeing cards made using the Fractured Card Technique so I thought I would give it a go for this week's blog hop. Turns out it is super easy and so I managed to make 2 cards this week which are very similar but in different colours. 


For my first card I had decided to use one of the lovely and bright papers from Merry Bold and Bright DSP. The central image is from the online exclusive stamp set So Very Merry and has been coloured using Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends. The sentiment is also from So Very Merry and has been stamped in Poppy Parade.

The image has been punched using the 2 3/8 inch punch and then mounted onto a piece of Poppy Parade card cut using one of the Stylish Shapes dies. This was then mounted onto a piece of Basic White card also die cut using one of the Stylish Shapes dies. On each of the corners of the square a leaf sprig has been stamped and coloured. This has then been adhered to the Merry Bold and Bright paper.

To give the fractured look half inch strips of Poppy Parade card have been cut and placed around the square.

I have then added some Adhesive Backed Glitter Sequins to each corner and the central circle. 


For the inside of the card I have added a strip of Poppy Parade card along with a strip of the Merry Bold and Bright paper, mounted onto White card. 

For my second card I have used everything the same except the paper used is from Bright and Beautiful, and instead of Poppy Parade it's Blueberry Bushel for this card.


In this case the bird image has been coloured using Blueberry Bushel, Pool Party and Granny Apple Green. The sentiment has been stamped in Blueberry Bushel. 


The same idea has been used for the inside of the Blueberry Bushel card, as the Poppy Parade card.

Next on tonight's blog hop is the lovely Cathy Proctor. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her Inspiring Festive creation.


 

If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to our lovely host Sharon Davern's blog.

 If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa








7 comments:

  1. Wow, it's amazing how different the same design can look, by switching up papers and colours. They're both lovely cards, but I think I prefer the super-bright colours on the first card. The stamped bird image is so sweet, and you've coloured them both beautifully, T. I really like the focal pieces on both cards, and how you've stamped sprigs in the corners (and used those delicious sequins!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Theresa, the Fractured Card Technique looks great in both colours. I love them both, however I'm a blue girl at heart so the second card slightly edges into first place, but the first card is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Theresa. I love your colouring of the central images with the little sprigs in the corners. Like you, I have seen this technique around and thought it was more complex. I am looking forward to giving it a try. Thanks for the inspiration. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Theresa. I love the blue version especially and the Bright & Beautiful DSP works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, BINGO! How funny that we both created 2 of these fractured cards. I love the bright colours you have used for your DSP. I love your feature image too especially inside t he circle. Great cards, Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two bright and beautiful cards Theresa. Your colouring of the little bird perfectly reflects the colours in the DSP in each card. I love both of them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards, Theresa. I love that little bird so much, and I love your colour choices on both cards. Bright and happy cards - love them.

    ReplyDelete