Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2023

Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie

 

This week, week 41 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Pumpkin Pie, which is a member of the Regals colour group.


 

I hate to admit it but Pumpkin Pie is one of my least favourite of the Stampin'Up! colours as well as being one of the colours I use the least. When looking for inspiration for this week I came across the colour combination of Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Crumb Cake. I think it was Brian King who suggested it. I also finally decided to "break open" the Cottage Rose bundle.


 The starting point was to colour a piece of the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper using Stampin Blends in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Crumb Cake.

The top piece of Crumb Cake cardstock has been die cut using one of the dies from the Cottage Flowers dies and then embossed using one of the NEW Online only Basics Embossing Folders. This is a pack of 3 embossing folders, the crosshatch, dots and lattice which are only available to purchase online for as long as they are available. I have to say I really love this crosshatch one that I have used. 

I have then placed the Crumb Cake cardstock over the coloured DSP aligning the cut outs with the coloured flowers. 

The sentiment is from Go To Greetings and has been die cut using one of the dies from the Hydrangea dies.

I have added a bow using Linen Thread doubled up. 


Continuing my aim for this year I have also embellished the inside of the card. I have coloured and die cut a couple more of the stamps from Cottage Rose and adhered these to a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that has been die cut using the largest of the Deckled Rectangle dies. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is our lovely host Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation. 


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host  Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I find this to be a really unusual bundle, but I like what you've done with it. The beautifully coloured blooms through the peek-a-boo windows look great! I love the extra little bit on the inside, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, snap on the colour combination! I love the way you've used the bundle for this card and the way the Crumb Cake counter balances the strong orange tones of Pumpkin Pie. The inside of your card is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, I really like the look of that crosshatch EF and the die cut overlay. I agree with Catherine, Crumb Cake looks lovely and tends to create a more subtle look with the Pumpkin Pie. Inside looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, that new embossing folder looks fantastic on the crumb cake cardstock. I like the way you die cut the top layer and placed it over the stamped image. A great combination of colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew Pumpkin Pie could look so beautiful, with Crumb Cake?! Lovely card, my friend. That embossing folder is already a firm favourite of mine, too. I love how you've used it. The floral DSP looks so pretty coloured in those colours!

    ReplyDelete