Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Stampin' Up! Polished Pink

 

 

Well Hello!. I'm back again after a short but busy festive and holiday break. The time was both happy and sad. Catching up with all of our interstate family members was great but unfortunately on the last day of last year my lovely father in law passed away. A sad time but one to also celebrate his wonderful 93 years of life.  Anyway it's back to Colour Creations Showcase hopping again especailly with some lovely new products to feature.

This week, week 38 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Polished Pink, is a member of the 2021-23 In colour group, and is lovely bright pink colour.

 

This week I have decided to feature some of the beautiful new products available during this years Salebration period as well as some from the current Mini catalogue. There are so many beautiful new products available at the moment and just this morning I have read about more coming next month!


I'm looking at the photo above of my card and it really doesn't show the vividness of the Polished Pink unfortunately.  Polished Pink is quite a bright vivid Pink. 

The feature stamp set for my card is the Beautifully Happy stamp set which is available during the current Salebration period which finishes at the end of this month.It is free when you spend $180. I have used it as a two step stamp set, that is stamping the outline in black and then the "filling" in Polished Pink, Pear Pizzazz and Daffodil Delight, but you could also just stamp the outline and then use Stampin'Blends to colour the image.

I have die cut the image using the Stitched Rectangle dies as is the piece of Dainty Designs DSP. The Dainty Designs DSP is another freebie you can earn during Salebration when you spend $180.

I have then mounted these 2 panels onto a piece of White Cardstock that has been embossed using the beautiful Cane Weave 3D embossing folder, from the current Mini catalogue.

The sentiment, also from the Beautifully Happy stamp set, has been stamped in Polished Pink and die cut using one of the Tailor Made Tags dies. I have tied a bow of White Bakers Twine that has been coloured using Polished Pink Stampin' Blends.

Finally I have added a few Loose Flower Flourishes in Polished Pink. 

One of my Stampin' Up! resolutions this year is to remember to add some interest to the inside of the card as well. The other one is to maximise the beautiful papers that Stampin' Up! has by creating coordinating envelopes. I think it is so nice for the recipient rather than a plain white envelope. The other benefit is that you don't end of with as much leftover paper when it retires!


Next in tonight's blog hop is our lovely host Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing what she has created for us this week.  


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa
 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Theresa, I love the colours you’ve used with Polished Pink and these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Theresa. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Your colour combination is lovely and I love all of the texture and visual interest you have created on this card with your embossing and angles of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa I love the colours in your card and the layer of green behind the flowers and of course on your envelope! Beautiful card and I totally agree with your resolutions. Sorry to hear of the passing of your FIL xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for decorating the inside of your cards! Your card is so pretty - Polished Pink is a wonderful colour for the blooms. I love the layering underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep forgetting about those sweet loose flower embellishments, but they add a gorgeous touch to a card. Love that you included them on your design, T. This is a lovely, crisp, colour combination ... and the Cane Weave embossed background is really striking. Decorating the inside of the card, and the envelope flap, really does add something special. Beautiful work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love. Can't wait until you can join us again.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely layout Theresa. I love all of the white space and embossed texture, and the offset dsp layer looks great! A very pretty card. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background embossed panel in the crisp white is beautiful, Theresa. I adore your tag with the sentiment and the DSP layered on the angle is lovely, to compliment your floral feature.

    ReplyDelete