Pages

Monday 26 September 2022

Heart of Christmas Week 13

Welcome to Week 13 of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this week's blog hop is once again Sharon Davern.

This week I have decided that I had to get a move on and use the fabulous Tree Trimming dies before they are no longer available to purchase. I have also been loving the Lights Aglow paper so have continued using it in this week's card.


 I started by stamping the tree from the Trimming the Tree stamp set in both Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. I then die cut it using the dies from the Tree Trimming die set. The smaller of the dies actually adds texture to the tree but it is a bit hard to see that in this photo.

The tree basket also has a die for it and I have used Soft Suede cardstock for this. 

I have then adhered some Gold Glimmer paper to a piece of Adhesive Sheet and then die cut the ornaments and star for the tree. This has all been popped onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that has been cut using one of the Deckled Rectangle dies, using Dimensionals. 

I have then die cut some Distressed Gold Specialty paper using one of the corner sets of dies from Fabulous Frames dies. The photo below shows the frames in closer detail. 


 
 This has then all been mounted onto a piece of the Lights Aglow paper.

The sentiment  is from the Trimming the Tree stamp set and has been stamped in Versamark and embossed in Gold. This has then been die cut using one of the frame dies from the Tree Trimming Dies. I have posted a closer photo below to show the lovely detail in the frame die.


 Finally I have added some Gold Adhesive Backed Pearls to both the corner frames and sentiment panel. 

 Next on tonight's blog hop is the talented Andrea Sargent. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation.


 If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern's blog.

If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa

9 comments:

  1. SOOOO lovely, T ... I think this is my favourite of your Christmas cards so far. The brushed gold photo corners look absolutely beautiful, and especially on the corners of a Deckled Rectangle die-cut panel. The sentiment label is also beautifully detailed, and the DSP you've used is lush! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Theresa, I love evening evergreen and soft succulent together. I don't ever want them to retire! I love the corners in the distressed gold that looks fantastic! Beautiful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Your Christmas tree is gorgeous with the gold baubles, and that sentiment label is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card Theresa. Lots of lovely gold details and I love your choice of that gorgeous DSP background. The photo corners are a great addition. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card Theresa. I love your colour combo - Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent and Gold is so luscious. Your tree is gorgeous - isn’t the die cut detail beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful card, Theresa! I especially love all the gold elements, including those distressed gold corners. They really look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Theresa using the gorgeous DSP in the background with all the gold trimmings. I just love that label die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Theresa. All that gold is so elegant, with the baubles on the tree and the heat embossed sentiment. I had to go searching for my dies to find that label die, which I haven't even used yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the Trimming the Tree and Lights Aglow cards in tonight's hop and yours are no exception Theresa. It is just so lovely. You have inspired me to dig out my gold embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete