Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2022

Stampin Up! Flirty Flamingo

 

This week, week 20 in the Colour Creations blog hop we continue our journey  featuring all of the Core Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. This week's feature colour  Flirty Flamingo, is a member of the Brights colour group and is a pink colour. 


After admiring other team members creations using Hues of Happiness paper and the Blossoming Happiness dies, that can be used to die cut the flowers and leaves in the beautiful paper, I decided that this week I would have a play and create using Flirty Flamingo.


My starting point and focal point for the card was to die cut the flowers and leaves as described. As I am not a fan of fussy cutting this made it a breeze. 

I have then mounted this arrangement of flowers and leaves onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that has been die cut using both the "garland"die and one of the Scalloped Contour dies. 

I have then mounted this onto a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock that has also bee die cut using the largest of the Scalloped Contour dies. 

This has then been mounted onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that has been embossed using the Pretty Flowers embossing folder that had been coloured with Flirty Flamingo ink using a Blending Brush. Doing this only the raised parts of the cardstock are coloured to give some dimension.  

The sentiment has been stamped in Flirty Flamingo and die cut using one of the Finally I have added a couple of Pink Pastel Pearls.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the talented Di Furness I look forward to seeing her lovely creation. 


 

If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget to pop back next week when when we will be featuring the next Core colour in our journey, Fresh Freesia, a member of the 2021-2023 In Colour Group.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

8 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card, Theresa! I too love this suite and the way the dies coordinate with the DSP. Your layout and design is so wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful Theresa. I love your layering from your embossed & coloured background to the scalloped labels and the die cut flowers and leaves from the DSP. The pearls are perfect. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floral cluster is just gorgeous, and I love how you've layered it over all those gorgeous scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Theresa!! This DSP was my first choice too - but I have used it so much, that I thought I better pick something else LOL. I really love you card - so pretty and feminine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pretty card Theresa, the Granny Apple Green leaves look lovely with all the pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty, Theresa. Those flowers are fantastic how you can die cut them and your arrangement is lovely, placing them in the corner. That background die with the Flirty Flamingo card popping through, is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is lovely, Theresa! I really like how you die-cut the scalloped rectangle; it's a beautiful backdrop to those lovely flowers. I haven't yet cut into these papers, but you've inspired me. I really like how the pink pastel pearls complement the softly-coloured embossed background. Gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty arrangement Theresa, and I had to find out how you made the sweet background. Great tip on colouring an embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete