Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2021

Stampin' Up! Misty Moonlight

 

Welcome to week 29 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations blog hop for 2021. This will be our last for this year as we have a break for Christmas. This week's feature colour is Misty Moonlight which is a blue colour between Balmy Blue and Night of Navy and is one of the In Colours for 2020-2022.

 

 


For my card this week I have chosen to make a baby boy card as I happen to know that one of my colleagues at work will be having a baby boy in the New Year. In fact 2 of my colleagues are having baby boys early next year.


 For the base of my card I have stamped some of the stars from the All For Baby stamp set in Misty Moonlight on Misty Moonlight cardstock. I have then used the Basic Borders dies with Basic White cardstock to make it look like clouds. I have then added a piece of what I would call the reverse side of the Beaty of the Earth DSP which looks a bit like the sky. 

The baby jumpsuit has been "stamped off" using Misty moonlight and then die cut using the corresponding die from the Baby Clothes dies. I have mounted this on a circle of Basic White which has been layered on top of a Piece of scalloped Misty Moonlight. The bow has been tied using a few layers of the twine from the Flowers for Every Season pack. The sentiment is also from the All For Baby stamp set and has been die cut using a Stitched Rectangle die.

Next in tonight's blog hop is the lovely Tina Gillespie. I look forward to seeing what lovely creation she has share with us tonight.


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to Catherine Protor's blog where you can see a full list of tonight's participants. 

We will be having a short break now until after the holiday period and will be back again in a couple of weeks when we will be sharing our Mossy Meadow creations.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

6 comments:

  1. Aww so cute, Theresa. I love the cloud border dies and the stars stamped in the background. A fantastic design for a future little boy to enter the world in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Theresa! What a beautiful card to welcome a bonny baby boy into the world. I love your use of the border dies to make the card and that adorable double bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an utterly delightful baby boy card, T. My favourite parts are the tone-on-tone stamped stars, and the borders cut to look like clouds - so sweet! How lovely to have babies to celebrate in the new year, and so special to be able to give some handmade love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute baby boy card Theresa. Great use of Misty Moonlight. Brilliant combination of layers from the tone on tone star background, the cloud borders, the DSP background and the cute Misty Moonlight romper suit. All so gorgeous and delightful for a new born baby boy. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorable card Theresa, love the bolder blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Theresa. I love the stitching on the clouds, and those tiny stars are very sweet. A gorgeous baby card.

    ReplyDelete