Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase : Merry Merlot

 

Welcome to another week of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase where this week our feature colour is Merry Merlot which strangely enough is from the Neutrals colour group. I automatically thought of Christmas cards when I started thinking about this weeks cards, which is probably a good thing as I still need to make a few more for this year. This week I have 2 cards to share with you.


 For my first card I chosen to CASE the card on page 40 of the August to December mini. I have teamed the Merry Merlot with Mossy Meadow and Sahara Sand. I had a lot of fun using my Stamparatus to create this card and ended up with very inky fingers, but I could not have done it without the Stamparatus. The white blossom on the wreath has been heat embossed to add some texture and I've added a couple of Beaded Pearls for some enhancement. I think they tie in beautifully don't you?


For my second card I have chosen to use a technique that seems to be quite popular at the moment and one that I have been wanting to give a go.


It's actually really quite simple once you find out how it is done. Just using 3 circle dies which increase in size. All in all it's a quick effective card to put together when time is short. Once again I have teamed Merry Merlot with Mossy Meadow and Sahara Sand.


As always if you would like to know more about anything Stampin Up!, would like me to pop a brand new catalogue in the mail to you, or would like to order any of the beautiful products then please contact me via the Facebook tab up the top.

To see more of this weeks beautiful creations please hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog. Please take the time to visit all of the blogs and if you feel so inclined then please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting. 

Next week our feature colour will be Mint Macaron, which is one of the Subtle colours , so don't forget to pop back and check out the creations.

Enjoy your week
T

5 comments:

  1. Theresa I absolutely love both these cards. The white embossing really makes the first card (and the pearls!) and your second card really showcases that beautiful DSP. Thanks for joining the Colour Creations Showcase tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is SO SO pretty Theresa - and those pearls!!!
    And I really like your second card - it's a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for wreaths, so your first card is my favourite. The pearls are a beautiful finishing touch. I really like the colours you've used, and that the Merry Merlot elements don't overwhelm your design. On the second card, you've done a great job scaling the semi-circles to your sentiment (or vice versa!). Very fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa both of your cards are super but I can never go passed a wreath design. Your colour palette is stunning too. Those pearls are the perfect accent too for your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heat embossing on your wreath really finishes it off so nicely (and the pearls). Can you tell it is my favourite of the two cards?

    ReplyDelete