Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Stampin' Up! Wild Wheat

 

This week, is week 5 in the Colour Creations blog hop and we continue our journey  featuring all of the Stampin' Up! colours, starting with the latest In Colours. This week's feature colour  Wild Wheat, which if I have to be completely honest is my least favourite of the new In Colours and the most challenging.  Having said that Wild Wheat is quite challenging I'm actually fairly happy with the end result.


 My son's best mate and his fiance have just bought their first home and my son has asked me to put together a bit of a hamper for them, so this week's Colour Creations card will accompany the gift.  I have chosen to team Wild Wheat with White and touches of Mossy Meadow, Pecan Pie and Moody Mauve. 

I apologise for the darkness of the photo but it is another dull day here in Melbourne. The background paper is the reverse side of one of the Let's Go Fishing papers featuring Wild Wheat and Mossy Meadow. 

The central white panel has been embossed using the Timber 3D embossing folder and lightly sponged on the edges with Wild Wheat ink. 

The wreath from Cottage Wreaths,  has been stamped in Wild Wheat and then die cut using the corresponding die and the leaves stamped in Mossy Meadow and Pecan Pie and also die cut with the matching dies. 

The bow at the base of the wreath has actually been die cut from Moody Mauve cardstock but because of the dreary day it looks m ore like Blackberry Bliss. I have added a few In Colour Dots in Moody Mauve.

The word Home has been stamped onto Wild Wheat cardstock using the Alphabest stamp set,  and then embossed in white, and then punched using the matching Best Label punch. I have then strung the letters on Linen Thread and added a bow in the same at each end. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is our talented host Cathy Proctor. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation. 


If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa




9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful new home card, Theresa. I love the wreath and the banner - the DSP had a lovely country feel that really suits the theme and design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of this colour that I love so much! I really like the rustic look of your card, T; great choice of DSP and texture. The colours you've teamed with Wild Wheat look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job of the card Theresa, wreaths and gingham go together like salt & pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your banner across the top, Theresa, and a lovely wreath below. Such a beautiful cottage feel with the gingham patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card to welcome your son’s friends into their first home. The bits of Moody Mauve are a nice rich accent to Wild Wheat. I too love your banner, wreath and chosen DSP on your card Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Theresa, I love the look of the wreath on the banner, and great choice of DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card Theresa. I love your colour combo and the large white banner and wreath. I also love the Alphabest banner, and the addition of the linen thread gives a lovely country feel that goes so well with the gingham DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delightful card Theresa. I do love a wreath and yours is perfect for a new home card. Gorgeous details. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Theresa, it reminds me of all the wreaths on doors in the US no matter the season. Love the Moody Mauve accents too! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete