Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2023

Stampin' Up! Moody Mauve

 

This week, is week 3 in the Colour Creations blog hop and we continue our journey  featuring all of the Stampin' Up! colours, starting with the latest In Colours. This week's feature colour  Moody Mauve, which is in my opinion a very dark mauve, who knows maybe that's is why it is called "Moody" Mauve.

I have teamed Moody Mauve with another of this year's new Core Colours, Bubble Bath and a hint of a returning colour, Lost Lagoon and Basic White. As yet, I havent ordered very much from the new Catalogue as we are going on a short family holiday soon and I thought I would wait until we get back, so I have decided to ink up Two Tone Flora for this week. I am also getting prepared early and have made a card for my Mother In Laws birthday next month. She keeps all of the cards I make for her in her crystal cabinet.



I have adhered a piece of the Fresh As A Daisy, featuring Moody Mauve, to the White base and then added another piece of White cardstock that has been die cut using the largest of the Two Tone Flora dies.

The flowers have been stamped in Bubble Bath for the base and Moody Mauve for the accents. They have then been die cut using the corresponding dies. Yay, no fussy cutting! The leaves are actually from Timeless Arrangements as are the berries. The leaves have been stamped in Lost Lagoon onto the same colour cardstock. For the berries I have used Moody Mauve in the same manner. It just goes to show how so many of the Stampin' Up! stamp sets can be interchanged and mixed together. 

I have also added Wink Of Stella to the flowers for highlights. Hopefully you can see them a bit better in the photo below.

For the ribbon underneath the floral spray, I have actually separated the individual threads from a piece of Moody Mauve Textured Ribbon, an idea I got from one of the other "hoppers" last week. It's quite effective when you don't want a large width of ribbon.

The sentiment is from Charming Sentiments and has been stamped onto Moody Mauve card and then embossed in White.

Finally I have added a few In Colour Dots in Moody Mauve for another highlight. 

Next in tonight's blog hop is the very creative Vicki Boucher. I look forward to seeing this week's beautiful creation. 



If the "next" button link is not working or you would like to see a full list of participants then you can hop over to our host  Cathy Proctor where you can see a full list of tonight's participants.

As always if you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or would like to purchase some of the products then click on the Facebook tab at the top of the page and send me a message.

As always enjoy your week.

Theresa


 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Theresa, I love the way your beautiful monochrome card (with a touch of green) shows how so many of the Stampin' Up! stamp sets can be interchanged and mixed together. I also really like the tip about the ribbon - I like it so much better the way you've used it on your card after it has been frayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shimmery flowers look beautiful, T. Bubble Bath and Moody Mauve are a gorgeous combination, especially for blooms. I think I might need to order another packet of those In Color Dots already; loving them to bits. This is a special card, that I am sure will be treasured (just like all the others) by your mother-in-law. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Theresa. I love your choice of colours. Bubble Bath is gorgeous with Moody Mauve. The full floral die cut is delightful over Moody Mauve with you stamped flowers and leaves. Love the way you separated the ribbon. All so gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty. I love the white die cut over the rich Mauve, and the blooms over the top are beautiful. The frayed ribbon looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for your MIL, Theresa. Bubble Bath and Moody Mauve work together so well and you've showcased this perfectly. Love the Stella and the threads of the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a compliment that your M-I-L keeps your cards in the crystal cabinet, and this one will be a wonderful addition to her collection. A lovely mix of colours, stamp & dies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Woollard18 May 2023 at 20:52

    Lovely card Theresa, Lost Lagoon works beautifully with MM and the Wink of Stella adds a beautiful sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa I love the white die cut panel over the MM coloured DSP together with the stamped florals. The wispy threads of ribbon is a nice touch too. Very pretty card that your MIL will cherish with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really pretty colour combination Theresa, and the touch of Lost Lagoon is a lovely tonal contrast. A lovely card for your MIL to display in her cabinet of handmade treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a gorgeous card. Moody Mauve looks lovely as a contrast to Bubble Bath. I can understand why your MIL treasures the cards you make for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card to you Mother in law. I am sure she absolutely loved it! I love how you have layered the die cut over the Moody Mauve and then combined it with Bubble Bath. I just love these 2 colours together. I think they are going to get lots of pairing in cards through out the coming year! Yes I can see the wink of Stella! nice touch of shimmer!

    ReplyDelete