Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2020

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase : Gorgeous Grape


 Welcome to another week of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase where this week our feature colour is Gorgeous Grape, a lovely bold purple colour. This week I have chosen to team it with Whisper White and Old Olive.

 

 

When I first started thinking about Gorgeous Grape the first type of flowers I thought of were Iris's. They would hands down be one of my favourite flowers. So I thought it was time to ink up the Inspiring Iris stamp set for the first time. I must say one of the advantages of partaking in these blog hops is that it gives you a reason to challenge yourself and use a stamp set that hasn't seen any ink yet! Inspiring Iris is a 2 step stamp set, where you have one stamp for the outline, which in my case I used Black Memento ink for, and a second stamp for the fill of the stamp, which in my case I used Gorgeous Grape for the flowers and Old Olive for the stems and leaves. When looking for some ribbon to add i noticed that the Tricolour ribbon worked beautifully. For the bling I have added some Basic Rhinestone jewels which I have coloured using Stampin Blends.

For my second card I have used the Banner Blooms die with some of the gorgeous Rainbow Glimmer Paper.

 

 

It's actually a quick simple card to make as the Rainbow Glimmer Paper does all the work. Just die cut, stamp the sentiment, add a bow and some bling with the Artistry Blooms Sequins, and it's done!

As always if you would like to know more about anything Stampin Up!, would like me to pop a brand new catalogue in the mail to you, or would like to order any of the beautiful products then please contact me via the Facebook tab up the top.

To see more of this weeks beautiful creations please hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog. Please take the time to visit all of the blogs and if you feel so inclined then please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting. 

 Next week our feature colour will be Garden Green so don't forget to pop back and check out the creations.

Enjoy your week
T

 


11 comments:

  1. When you suggested Old Olive as a good green to pair with Gorgeous Grape, I wasn't so sure ... but, it works beautifully on your first card, T! The irises are beautiful. Love what you've made! I am a big fan of the Rainbow Glimmer Paper, too, so have enjoyed both your creations tonight. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Theresa, irises are one of my favourites too, so I love that card the most

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irises are the flower my husband always buys me and I love them too so your first card is a definite favourite for me, but I also love how you've create such a quick and easy but spectacular card for your second card Theresa. Thank you for sharing your Gorgeous Grape inspiration with us this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both card Theresa. Totally get the unlinked sets. I have a few myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards in GG, especially love the iris. It's great what you can do with the rainbow glimmer paper though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both really lovely cards Theresa - your cards are always so elegant and finished so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Theresa. I so love your iris card with the two step stamping. It takes me back to my childhood with crown irises in the garden. Your second card is lovely with the die-cut flowers using the rainbow glimmer paper - simple and so effective. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, absolutely agree with you about purple being the perfect colour for the iris. I love this card, especially with the gorgeous bold ribbon and bow! The next cards looks lovely cut in the rainbow glimmer too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa your irises are beautiful and Gorgeous Grape was the perfect choice of colour. They are one of my favourite flowers too. Your second card may be simple but it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa, your iris card is so lovely, and that is such a cute little bow. I love that big bow on your second card, and I know IRL the glimmer bouquet would be so sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've got irises blooming at the moment after popping in some cuttings from a neighbour a few years back. Each year there are more. Love your pretty iris card to capture the gorgeousness of these flowers.

    ReplyDelete