Pages

Monday 24 October 2022

Heart of Christmas Week 17

 


Welcome to Week 17 of the Art With Heart Heart of Christmas. This year we will be hopping weekly until the end of November, so hopefully we can provide you with some festive inspiration. Our host for this week's blog hop is once again Sharon Davern.

It's been a few weeks since I last participated in the blog hop as I've been busy holidaying in Darwin and celebrating our son's University graduation. 

For my card this week I have once again used the beautiful Lights Aglow Specialty paper along with the coordinating Christmas Lights bundle and the Brightest Glow bundle. In particular I wanted to use the non-traditional piece of Lights Aglow paper featuring black. 


 

I started by stamping a couple of the largest snowflakes in Versamark from the Christmas Lights stamp set and then embossing them with gold. I then die cut these using the corresponding die from the Twinkling Lights dies along with another using Gold Glimmer paper.

I have then mounted these onto the Lights Aglow paper featuring black and mounted all of this on to a piece of Gold Glimmer paper. 

The sentiment from Brightest Glow has been gold embossed onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then die cut using one of the Labels Aglow dies.

I have then threaded some of the Gold and Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon through the ends of the sentiment panel and wrapped it around the band of the card. All of this has then been mounted onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.

Finally I have added a few Gold Festive Pearls for some bling.

Next on tonight's blog hop is the talented  and enabler Christine Blain. Click on the button below and it should take you to her blog where you can see her lovely Christmas creation.

 If the button link is not working or you would like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern's blog.

If you live in Australia and would like to know more about Stampin' Up! or to purchase products from me then click on my Facebook button above and send me a message and I would be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your week.

Theresa

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Isn’t it interesting how black is not a Christmas colour, and yet it works so amazingly!! I love how you have pulled together the colours and all those sparkles and snowflakes on this glorious card Theresa!!
    Kathryn R. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautifully sparkly, festive, and elegant card, T - what a trifecta! I love the drama of the black and gold DSP, and the gold glimmer mat behind it looks fab. The mixture of snowflakes, and the way you've threaded the ribbon, is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Theresa, your card is so beautiful and elegant! You have used the black DSP to perfection here. I’m a little nervous about using it so it’s still sitting in the pack. Thank you for your stunning inspiration. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so gorgeous and luscious Theresa. I love the gold embossing and die cutting of the snowflakes. They really pop against the black background. Your treatment with that delightful ribbon is simply gorgeous too. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sparkly festive card Theresa. I love that you chose to work with the black paper from the pack. Your heat embossed snowflakes really complement it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving all that gold and glitz, Theresa. Those papers are just gorgeous and the black, although I wouldn't think of it as Christmas, really does work so well with your beautiful snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card Theresa, I love your snowflakes and how they pop on the black. The sentiment is gorgeous! A Lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa your card is beautiful and very elegant with those sparkly snowflakes that match nicely with the black starry DSP. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty. The Vanilla and Gold really pop against the black background.

    ReplyDelete